Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Over the past 15 years, MyHeritage has helped millions of people find new family members and discover their ethnic origins.
people in family trees
Where in the world is your family from?
The places your ancestors called home are encoded in your DNA. Ethnic groups historically come from the same geographic regions and draw from a local gene pool. We analyze your DNA to determine which portions are estimated to originate from each of our 42 supported ethnicities — the largest number offered by any major DNA testing service. НАУЧЕТЕ ОЩЕ
Who will you discover?
We search for people whose DNA matches yours: your relatives. Our DNA Matching technology reveals the percentage of DNA you share with your matches, showing you how closely related you are. You can connect with your newly found relatives to learn more about your family and discover shared ancestors.НАУЧЕТЕ ОЩЕ
One DNA test at a time
Често задавани въпроси
- What can I learn from a DNA test that I wouldn’t otherwise know?With MyHeritage DNA, you can discover relatives who share DNA segments with you, inherited from the same common ancestor. You will also uncover the ethnic and geographic origins of your ancestors, from the largest pool of possible ethnicities in the industry — which may include some surprises.
- What are the benefits of testing other family members?Testing additional family members is recommended. Each of your family members carries unique pieces of DNA that together can unlock your family’s story. Testing one or both of your parents allows you to obtain additional information about your own DNA Matches. For example, you’ll be able to find whether each match is paternal or maternal. Testing parents, siblings, cousins and other relatives is also very useful for discovering more relatives and for learning more about your own matches. Because of the nature of genetic inheritance, your siblings may get different ethnicity results than you. Comparing your results can help you learn even more about your ancestry.
- What if I have already taken a DNA test? What does the MyHeritage test offer me?The MyHeritage DNA test enables you to get unique matches to users who have only tested with MyHeritage, as well as matches with users who uploaded their results to MyHeritage from other providers. Thanks to MyHeritage’s wide international reach and availability in more than 40 languages, you will have a greater chance of being matched with relatives who live in other countries. You will also receive a comprehensive ethnicity analysis on MyHeritage, drawing from the largest pool of possible ethnicities in the industry.
- Can I give MyHeritage DNA as a gift?Yes! When placing the order online you can either ship the kit to yourself, or provide the recipient's shipping address and we will ship the DNA kit to them directly. Once they receive the DNA kit you purchased for them, they will be asked to open a free MyHeritage account if they don't have one already, and activate their new kit.
From the moment they activate their kit, we will send them relevant emails about tracking their sample, and of course, the results themselves once they are ready.
- What type of sample do I provide?The MyHeritage DNA test kit is simple to use and doesn’t involve blood or spit. To collect your sample, you simply scrape the inside of your cheek with a small swab for about 45 seconds, and repeat this with a second swab. You place the swabs into vials and mail them to our DNA lab for analysis. Results will be available for you to view securely online, on the MyHeritage website.
- How long does it take to get results?Once your kit arrives at our lab, it takes about 3–4 weeks for the results to be ready. When they are available, we will notify you by email and the results will be accessible to you online on the MyHeritage website.
- How do you process my DNA sample?The MyHeritage DNA test uses microarray-based autosomal DNA testing. This test provides the raw data that helps us calculate your DNA matches and ethnicity analysis from all ancestral lines, both paternal and maternal.
- What is the connection between DNA and family trees?DNA and family trees complement each other. DNA can be used to prove or disprove documented family tree connections. For example, when another person shares your surname, or you have a Smart Match™ with a family tree owner, you can both test via MyHeritage DNA to find out if you are indeed related. Family trees are also invaluable for understanding the relationship path to DNA matches. We recommend that anyone who takes a DNA test create a family tree, to make the most of DNA results and uncover the full story behind them. MyHeritage provides excellent tools for creating family trees, including 9,4 billion historical records that make it fun and easy to grow your tree.