Log in
Sign up
View all  |  Close all
#
Subject
Posted by
Actions
1
Encoding issues - Hebrew
billie stein
- Close
I'm using Windows 7.  I tried to import a GEDCOM file which was created on Family Tree Maker, on a computer with Windows XP.  There is a field for Hebrew Names.  On the original file, a Hebrew font was used for the names.  On import to Family Tree Builder, the field appears in the Facts, but instead of a Hebrew font, it comes out in gibberish.  My computer is fully bi-lingual English and Hebrew.  In Regional Settings keyboards are set to English US and Hebrew.  On the administator tab, the default language for non-unicode fonts is set to Hebrew.  I have close to 1000 names on my tree, and cannot retype all of the Hebrew names.  How do I solve the problem?
billie stein
Israel
- Reply
2
RE: Encoding issues - Hebrew
Babis Τσιριμονάκης
- Close
Κατά την εισαγωγή αρχείου από FTM  τα ονόματα μεταφέρθηκαν με άγνωστη γραμματοσειρά μη αναγνώσημη. παρακαλώ βοηθήστε με πως μπορώ να αλλάξω τη γραμματοσειρά.
Babis Τσιριμονάκης
Greece
- Reply
3
RE: Encoding issues - Hebrew [2]
Lior Shaked
- Close
Hi Babis,

Thanks for writing to us.

I have answered you by email.

Ευχαριστίες για το γράψιμο σε μας.Σας έχω απαντήσει με email.

Best Regards,

Lior

MyHeritage.com team 

Lior Shaked
Israel
- Reply
4
RE: Encoding issues - Hebrew
وحيد فهد مبارك الساير
- Close

Some times this is related to how the GEDCOM file is save. Try this:

Open the file in Notepad, do a File/Save As, look at the "Encoding" box. If it is ANSI, save a copy as UTF-8, or the other way around. Try to import again. 

وحيد فهد مبارك الساير
الكويت
- Reply
 
Loading...
Loading...