Source: The Sackett Family Association
Date: Oct 1730
Will of Richard Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 28 October 1730, proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, April 1731 (National Archives, Kew, PROB 11/644). (Researched by Marion Sackett).
– to live rent-free in the house until 21 or marriage.
– reversion to my son Richard Sackett.
Son Richard Sackett
– messuages, tenements, malthouse, barns, stables, outhouses, edifices, buildings, lands, wood land, & premises, freehold & real estate at Northdown, St Johns, & elsewhere.
– Richard to pay Susana £4 per year for her life out of that part of the estate bought of Margaret Smith, widow, plus £4 per year to Susana after Martha's death out of the estate where she now lives.
– if Richard dies without heirs, reversion to Susana & her heirs.
– one third household stuff.
Cousin John s. William Evas of Ramsgate
Cousins Hannah & Martha Sackett
Cousin Hannah Tomline
Cousin James Taddy
– 20/- each within 3 months after my decease.
Poor of St Johns
– Richard Sackett & Martha Sackett
Overseers of will
– Brother Cornelius Tomline
– Cousin John Sackett
– 40/- each
– John Piers, Ann Emplage [sic], Geo. Witherden
Download our exceptional genealogy software for free
Fun & simple to use
Imports your GEDCOM files easily
Smart Matching™ technology
Supports 40 languages