1) Provide a filtering mechanism that can be switched on and off for search, so that only my direct ancestors are shown in a search (I call it the "V" pattern - with me at the lower end of the letter
2) Provide a filtering mechanism that can be switched on and off for search, so that only my direct ancestors and their direct descendants are shown in a search (I call it the "M" pattern - with me at the lower end of the letter and the descendants of my ancestors either in V or in M )
Could look this also like a
case 1) inverted pyramid
case 2) convey hull of pyramdis with the top of each pyramid in case 1)
Reason for that: otherwise, the tree grows to an unmanagable size. I have things like "the third cousin of the brother of my grandfathers father bla bla..." which shifts the focus from my ancestors to whomever...
I'd find it useful to have an option to either lock an individual record or to mark it as complete. If I've done exhausted the research and compiled the record with as accurate data as possible, I'd like to be able to designate it as such. That would make it less likely to corrupt the record with information coming in from Smart Matches and Discoveries. If not locked, then even just a little lock icon on the person's picture, like the black ribbon for deceased individuals.
It would be nice to have an option to allow marking a connection line (link between two people) as an uncertain connection that requires further proof (for example by selecting a dashed line instead of solid line). After enough evidence is accumulated, a user can choose to convert the connection type to a permanent one (solid line). By keeping the solid line as default, there won't be any side effects for existing trees.
Also it would be nice to be able to add notes to the connection line (link) itself, where one can explain the deduction leading to the link and what is still missing.
He estado añadiendo la dirección en mi propia persona en el Family tree Builder. Todo correcto. Sin embargo, esta dirección de mi grupo familiar sólo se añade a mi persona y no al resto de miembros de mi familia, por lo que para que aparezca en cada uno de los miembros es preciso añadirla a cada uno de ellos. ¿No sería posible que al añadir una dirección en una persona nos pregunte si queremos añadir al grupo familiar y a qué miembros del grupo familiar queremos añadir la dirección? Creo que sería una función muy útil y no me parece difícil de implemntar.
Perdón por no poderla haber puesto en inglés pero mi pobre inglés haría que quedase pobremente expresado.
Un saludo y gracias por vuestro apoyo y comprensión
1. I am getting emails for Smart Matches for people who are not in my family tree.
2. Smart Matches icon on the title bar no longer displays number of matches to be confirmed, or otherwise.
3. List of Matching Family Site now broken into two lists: one showing a minimal list of sites for which match confirmed; the other showing outstanding matches. A View All expands the list but this is not satisfactory.
4. List displaying outstanding matches has people that are not or ever been in my family tree. A Compare Tree shows these people in my on line tree. They are not in my PC-based tree and some have never been.
Had to telephone to get a response. Seems these problems may be connected to multiple trees with the same name - no solution as to why these multiple trees were created by MyHeritage.
I see that you have flag images in a small size for use in website etc. As an option in FTB, where there is no personal photo, as well as the options for placeholder, blank, etc, I would like to see an option where the flag of country of birth is displayed. If this option is selected, then where there is no photo (i.e. most people prior to the 1880s), the flag would appear instead of a blank or placeholder.
Alternatively, could there be a better way of attaching a photo to multiple people, so I could insert the photo of a flag once, and then link it to lots of people - the cuurent "associations" process is too time-consuming for this use - for each new person to be attched to that flag, I would have to go to the original persons, select the photo, open the associate tab, locate the person I want to attach, associate them, then adjust the blue box to fit the flag better.
I have recently spent a lot of time going through the photos in FTB, deleting duplicates and making sure that each photo is properly assocuiated with the people in it. This would have been a lot easier if there were:
1: A way of sorting the photos in the table view using the column headings - that is, the normal way of sorting a table in a database, by clicking on the column heading.
2: A way of searching the photo database for a particular photo, by name and/or associations. I have found a photo in an album that I want to copy to another album - which is a great idea, but I cannot find it in the main photo list, and dragging it from its existing album moves it rather than copying. I know that you can put the photo in two albums, but it seems this can only be done from the 'all' photos page - it is difficult to find the right photo out of the over 800 I have.
It would be great if you could turn off record and smart matches for certain people. Especially record matches! I have two people that are in over 300 newspapers and they are even a direct blood line... very tedius to go in and wade through and reject so I can get to the "good" stuff.