France, Church Burials and Civil Deaths
Typically, these records will have two witnesses or informants, and often one of them is a close relative of the decedent. A soldier who died away from home can also be found in these records in the town where the soldier was born but it is common that such a record may not have been entered until a year or two after the soldier’s death. If a child was stillborn the child’s information will be contained in the death records in the commune where the stillbirth occurred.
Few parish registers from before the mid-1600s have survived and coverage and completeness of this collection varies by department and records prior to 1700 are rare in this collection.
This collection was added following MyHeritage's acquisition of Filae.
- Valentin Louis Georges Eugène Marcel ProustDied: Nov 18 1922Marcel Proust was a French novelist, critic, and essayist. He is considered by critics and writers to be one of the most influential authors of the 20th century.(Wikipedia)
- France, Church Baptisms and Civil Births 154,475,935 records
- France, Church Marriages and Civil Marriages 126,649,212 records
- France, Vital Records Index 357,634,212 records
- France, Compilation of Vital Records, 1585-1928 2,209,485 records
France, Military Death Index, 1914-1961 FREE5,332,260 records
- France, Nord Civil Deaths, 1820-1935 6,860,945 records
- France, Daily Burial Registers of Parisian Cemeteries 6,755,342 records
- France, Index of Obituaries and Funeral Notices 5,639,021 records
Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries France