Canada Newspapers, 1752-2007
Before vital records were recorded by city, county, or state governments, local newspapers often published articles listing or detailing these events. Obituaries contain vital and biographical information on the decedent but also on his or her family and relatives.
Society pages began as a way to entice readers with gossip and news about the wealthy and famous but soon evolved to cover the goings-on of “average” citizens. An incredible array of information can be discovered in these society pages or sections from seemingly mundane notices and reports on events such as parties, job changes, hospital stays, and social visits by friends or relatives. These pages are a source of historical events that are unlikely to exist in any other record.
Coverage and completeness in this collection varies by title.
- Martin ShortBorn: March 26, 1950A Canadian-American actor, comedian, singer and writer. He is known for his work on the television programs SCTV and Saturday Night Live. He has starred in comedy films such as Three Amigos (1986), Innerspace (1987), Three Fugitives (1989), Father of the Bride (1991), Pure Luck (1991), Captain Ron (1992), Father of the Bride Part II (1995), Mars Attacks! (1996) and many more.(Wikipedia)
- Canadian Obituaries, 1997-2017 2,035,943 records
- Canada Phone and Address Listings 13,326,669 records
- 1921 Canada Census 8,683,491 records
- Canada, French Newspapers 1807-2007 3,900,603 pages in 513 newspaper titles
Newspapers Canada Alberta British Columbia Ontario Quebec Saskatchewan