William Wright, born 1746 in Amboy, Onondaga, NY; died February 1819 in Bedeque, PEI. He married 111. Hanna ?.
111.Hanna ?, born 1743 in Westchester County, NY; died in Bedeque, PEI.
Child of William Wright and Hanna ? is:
55 i. Sarah Adelia Wright, born 1769 in Westchester County, N.Y.; died Aft. 1836 in Bedeque, PEI; married Jesse Strang October 14, 1787.
Descendants of William Wright
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 WRIGHT was born Abt. 1743 in Westchester County, NY, U.S.A., and died Feb 1819 in North Bedeque, P.E.I., Canada.
Notes for WILLIAM WRIGHT:
William Wright was a Loyalist refugee who came from Westchester County, New York. He was a Quaker, like his father (unknown) while his wife (unknown) was a Presbyterian. One daughter (unknown) married Solomon Dibble and settled in Westchester County or in nearby Connecticut while the rest of the family (two sons and three daughters) left. As a Quaker, William was a pacifist, but he openly identified with the Loyalist cause and was imprisoned for twelve months. All "Tories" were under sentence of banishment while their crops, livestock, food, clothing and personal property was liable to confiscation. In August 1783 they arrived at Port Roseway (Shelburne) N.S., but only stayed 10 months before moving to the Island of St. John (P.E.I.) with William Schurman. On July 29th, 1784 lots were allotted and William drew 500 acres in Lot 19 while his son Nathaniel drew 300 acres in Lot 26. William built a log cabin, thatched with seaweed and chinked with moss and mud. A cooking fireplace stood in the centre and light came through a hole cut in the wall. William was the first shoemaker in the area, but since wooden clogs & sealskin moccasins were worn, business was probably not good, but he lived long enough to see 34 years of change to the Island and have over fifty decendants call him Grandfather.
Children of WILLIAM WRIGHT are:
i. FEMALE2 WRIGHT, b. Westchester County, NY, U.S.A.; m. SOLOMON DIBBLE.
2. ii. NATHANIEL WRIGHT, b. 28 Mar 1765, Westchester County, New York, USA; d. 25 Apr 1825, Centreville Bedeque, P.E.I., Canada.
3. iii. STEPHEN WRIGHT, b. 1767-1768, Westchester County, N.Y., USA; d. 19 Jan 1841, North Bedeque, P.E.I., Canada.
4. iv. HANNAH WRIGHT, b. Abt. 1769, Westchester County, Province of N.Y.,USA; d. 20 Jan 1814, North Bedeque, P.E.I., Canada.
5. v. SARAH WRIGHT, b. 1767, Westchester County, N.Y., USA; d. Aft. 1836, North Bedeque, P.E.I., Canada.
6. vi. LYDIA WRIGHT, b. Westchester County, N.Y., USA; d. 1852, Lot 7, P.E.I., Canada.
Download our exceptional genealogy software for free
Fun & simple to use
Imports your GEDCOM files easily
Smart Matching™ technology
Supports 40 languages