Seeking death information for Benjamin Rice ELZEY/ELLZEY/ELSEY/ULZEY b: 1812 in Maury, Tennessee. Son of William ELZEY/ELLZEY/ELSEY/ULZEY and Sarah RICE. Benjamin married his first wife, Martha D. LANDRETH the 15 November 1835 in Maury, Tennessee.
1. Caladonia Parlee ELZEY/ELLZEY/ELSEY/ULZEY, daughter b: October 1835 Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Christiana, daughter b: 1840 in Missouri.
3. Marshall Lafayette, son, b: 1842 in Missouri.
4. Theresa Eugenia, daughter, b: 1844 in Missouri.
Wife, Martha, died in June 1845 in Missouri.
Benjamin went on to become espoused, no proof of marriage, to Elizabeth BOYLES/BAYLES/BOILES/BELLS. Elizabeth was born abt. 1830 in Indiana.
They met possibly in southern Missouri about 1847, after the death of Benjamin’s first wife, Martha D. LANDRETH in 1845. Family lure states that Elizabeth was a house cleaner to their household. This is unproven.
Together, Benjamin and Elizabeth had seven children:
1. Samuel Bell ELZEY, son b: 1848, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
2. Martha D. ELZEY, daughter b: 1849, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
4. Benjamin R. ELZEY, son b: 1854, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
5. John M. ELZEY, son b: 1856, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
6. Arizona Ava ELZEY, daughter b: 1857, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
7. Sterling Price ELZEY, son b: 1862, Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas
I have a copy of a letter dated from 1866 stating Federalists or Bushwhackers murdered the Ben ELZEY during the marauding of North Western Arkansas during or after the Civil War. Looking for anyone who may be a descendant that may have information about Benjamin’s death.