I have been desperately trying to find information on my great-great-great grandparents John Thomas Richardson and Elizabeth Ann Richardson (nee Coates). I have limited information on them but below are some pieces of the jigsaw puzzle:
1. John Thomas Richardson and Elizabeth Ann Richardson immigrated from Northern England (I think Durham or Yorkshire) sometime in 1878-1879 with at least two small children in tow. One of these children was their daughter Ann Elizabeth who was approximately 4 years old when arriving to Australia. Ann Elizabeth was born on May 23, 1874 in Shildon, County Durham, United Kingdom. Ann had a younger brother George Oliver Richardson who I believe was born in 1876 who also made the journey with his parents to Australia. I also think John and Elizabeth brought a baby with them too called Isabella.
2. John and Elizabeth I believe settled in Newcastle, NSW, Australia and had more children. I think they specifically lived in Swan Street, Hamilton.
3. Both John and Elizabeth have totally confused me as they called themselves by their middle names. So whilst I think their proper names were John Thomas and Elizabeth Ann, I believe they called themselves Thomas and Annie. This is where it gets super confusing and with a common surname like Richardson it's very hard to narrow my search down.
4. I have heard John Thomas may have been born in Pocklington or Patrington, United Kingdom?
5. Their daughter Hannah I believe married into the 'Elgey' family of Adamstown, NSW but this is speculation.
6. Their oldest daughter Ann Elizabeth mentioned earlier I think lived in West Wallsend, NSW. She is my great-great grandmother and I remember my great-grandmother Olive Minto speak very highly of her.
If anyone has any information I would be ever so grateful as I have come to a complete impasse with finding out about this side of my family.
Hi, My name is Susan Richardson Hairston. I was born in Marion Va. My father was Clinto Hayes Richardson, My Grandfather was Hayes Richardson from Wythe County Speedwell Va.married to Susan Russell from Marion, Smyth County Va. I have been trying to find out more about my roots. If any of this looks familar please contact me. I saw a Post by Douglas Nowlin from Rochester New York, who is my relative, but cant reach him.
Looking for cousins and relatives from all these names. I noticed my Great Great Grandmother Selah Boykin Mock is listed on the Williams Tree & Website but don't have access. Hopefully someone will contact me someday.
We are looking for Richardsons who lived near Agusta GA about 1776, and moved to Hickman County TN about 1808. My mother's great grandfather, Terrell Richardson was born about 1804 near Agusta GA. We beleive his father was William Richardson.
searching for family & ancestors. Grt Grandad Robert Richardson c 1886 Bishop Auckland Co.Durham. Had 3 Daughters Elizabeth[Betty], Mary & Isabel D.O.B.16th Dec 1889. Isabel married David Garforth & had 1 daughter Louie [my mum] . Mary married ? Cunningham & had 2 sons Robert & Ivor who lived in Bexley Heath Kent. Betty never had children but also lived in kent. Betty & Mary were both school teachers in Kent c1930,40,&50s Any info please contact Many Thanks.