The Ethnic Background of Željko Joksimović, Star of the Balkan Countries at Eurovision

Željko Joksimović is a Eurovision favorite in the Balkan countries. He represented Serbia and Montenegro in Eurovision 2004 with “Lane moje,” finishing second; he composed Bosnia and Herzegovina’s 2006 entry, “Lejla,” Serbia’s 2008 entry, “Oro” and Montenegro’s 2015 entry, “Adio”; he hosted the contest in 2008; and he represented Serbia again in 2012 with “Nije ljubav stvar,” placing third in the contest. Almost all his entries finished in the top ten and half of them in the top three.

Little wonder, then, that his DNA results indicate a 93.8% Balkan background. The remaining 6.2% are interesting, though: he’s 3.4% Finnish, and 2.8% Middle Eastern!

Željko Joksimović’s Ethnicity Estimate
Željko Joksimović’s Ethnicity Estimate