From the beginning, the thumbsized photo presentation was correct, but after about one month it started to show a black background with the actual photo in the upper left corner - reduced to less than 20% of the picture frame.
At first, the problem appeared only in a handful of pictures. Slowly, more and more pictures were contaminated and today most pictures have been converted to the new and very unprofessional-looking format. As you may see in the attached illustration, the actual pictures are too small to enable proper identification of the photo contents.
I have tested with two different computers. One with Windows XP professional, one with Windows Vista Home Premium. Both computers tested using browsers Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6. No difference.
Anyone our there with an idea about how to solve this problem?
It looks like it was more or less fixed. The problem remained, however, in one single picture which was contaminated when shown as associated with a person in the Tree. When shown as part of the entire album, however, the picture was OK.
I tried several times to delete and replace it with a fresh copy, but the problem came back in the replacement . In the end, I just let deleted be deleted. I can live without that particular picture. Otherwise, I believe the problem has been solved.
Thanks for fast reaction to my message. Regards, Bjorn.
The picture is still in the album (online) - and there it appears to be normal. I only removed the association to my own name in the Tree. The association seemed to produce a contaminated picture.
The upload file name was "teachers.jpg", it shows 16 tagged people in front of a school entrance. If I right click on the enlarged album picture and select "save as", the file name appears to be "000007_634587fc761c94n8dmrk12".