If I add a new web contact information to a person, i.e. facebook page address; and use æ, ø or å in the contact name field, these characters are displayed a some other characters the next time I open the web contact window.
Although not related to the reported problem, it might be an idea to check the problem with https-address at the same time.
Just to clarify: it is not possible to use any link starting with https://
As example, pictures in galleries at Google picasa web site are using the https-protocol. I assume many are using it, and especially when it comes to sources/citations it would be nice if links worked from within FTB.