Log in
Sign up
View all  |  Close all
#
Subject
Posted by
Actions
1
Record Matches Reset?
Tony Strasser
- Close

I have been receiving emails that there are Record Matches in my family tree.  Today when I visited the site it informed me that there are no record matches.  How can that be?  Has the system be reset?

Thanks for any information you can give.

Tony Strasser
Sydney
- Reply
2
RE: Record Matches Reset?
Lior Shaked
- Close

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to us.There was a delay in the processing of Record Matches for your tree. I pushed it to the front of the que so that they will be updated as soon as possible. 

Please note that Record Matches are shaped by the width and breadth of historical records on MyHeritage SuperSearch. If you did not receive a certain match you were expecting or haven’t received matches at all, it could be because we don’t yet have the data collection this record comes from.

This will improve significantly during the next few years as we have an exciting pipeline of new content coming up.  As this content is added you will receive matches automatically without having to do anything.

Also, adding more people and information to your tree will increase the likelyhood that you’ll get Record Matches. When we decide if a record matches someone in your tree we look at several different criteria, such as mother and father’s name, birth or death date, place, etc. So something simple like adding parents’ names to someone in your tree means you’re more likely to get a Record Match.

Best regards,Lior

MyHeritage team 

Lior Shaked
Israel
- Reply
3
RE: Record Matches Reset? [2]
Shelly Weiner
- Close

Can you turn off Record Matches like you can do with Stupid Matches? 

I am NOT interested in records matches, since almost 98% are duplicates of what I already have found.  The other 2% are simply wrong.

Shelly Weiner
Henderson, NV
- Reply
4
RE: Record Matches Reset? [3]
Rafael Perel
- Close

Hi Shelly,

 Thanks for contacting us on our forum.  

 At this point in time it’s not possible to turn off Record Matches for online family trees or trees published from Family Tree Builder.

 Family Tree Builder users can turn off Record Matches within the program. Go to the Tools > Options menu. In the General section, click Yes in the “Automatic Record Search”  field to change it to No.

 

Rafael Perel
Israel
- Reply
5
RE: Record Matches Reset? [4]
James Schafer
- Close
Rafael,

I'm wondering what has happened to my Record Matches. Wednesday I had 160 matches that I did  not do anything to, now today I get the screen message saying I have NO Record Matches. Can you, or anyone explain?

Thanks for all you have/are doing/done to a great program.

James Schafer

PS - I checked in FTB and Automatic Record Search is turned on to Yes.

James Schafer
- Reply
6
RE: Record Matches Reset? [5]
Rafael Perel
- Close

Hi James, 

 Thanks for contacting us on our forum. 

I currently show that you have updated your family tree not too long ago. 

Please note that each time that you publish your tree to your site the Match calculation process is restarted.  This means that if you publish your tree very frequently you may experience a large delay in receiving the new Matches. 

I have now made a change in the database so that your site's Matches will be processed faster. Please wait 3 days without publishing a new version of your tree to the site, and you should receive Matches. 

If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know.

Rafael Perel
Israel
- Reply
7
RE: Record Matches Reset? [6]
Site Manager
- Close
Record matches are citations of facts.  They should not disappear after you have verified them.  And you should be able to assign them to a profile as a citation of fact.
Site Manager
- Reply
 
Loading...
Loading...