Although the FAQ suggests that new trees will begin to generate SmartMatches within a couple of days of creation and designation as SmartMatch eligible, I had been waiting to see SmartMatches start for over a month, and was thinking I had done something wrong. That new (replacement) tree was uploaded via GEDCOM in mid-August.
This morning, getting a hint from how quickly correction entries in one of my other older collateral databases got SmartMatched, I went in to the new tree and added a couple of new people directly into the MyHeritage database. (Normally, I add people to my local database to be uploaded periodically by GEDCOM) It seems that entering some information manually into the new tree "broke the dam", so to speak, and within a few minutes, the new tree acquired nearly 1,000 SmartMatches, and seems to be working just fine so far. Is it possible that the software needs some kind of flag to be set or unset after a GEDCOM is uploaded, and this can only be done by actually adding new or corrected persons to the new tree via the MyHeritage editor?
Well, partially successful, in that the SmartMatching is immediately activated for all persons that I add or change to the tree using the online editors, but there doesn't appear to be any way to activate SmartMatching for the people that were initially added in the GEDCOM upload.
Is this because changes are added to the SmartMatch at the front of the queue, while large GEDCOM adds are added to the back end of the queue for eventual processing as the system has time? Or are GEDCOM uploads not ever added to the SmartMatch queue? If that is so, is there a way to batch select the tree to submit it to SmartMatching?
Anyone else having this problem SmatMatching newly submitted GEDCOM trees? Could it be due to the very large size of the tree in question?
Thank you for your messages. We are very sorry for the late respond. Smart matches are dynamic and dependent on two parties, this means that there can be delays when processing trees if for example the tree you matched with is very large as well as own tree. It can happen that when the new smart matches are populated into your tree you will see no matches for a short time until our servers can finish the processing. If you are updating your tree often it can also cause you to see emtpy or blank matches due to the fact that new processing requests are sent before the previous one was finished.
I manually updated Record Matching with Smart Matches for you, and I hope it will fix the problem you got. However, but the large trees as yours you need to be aware of the procedure above.