I've noticed this a few times now, I wanted to be sure if it's me or the software before posting a bug report. But I'm 100% sure after testing it a few times it's a bug and not my mistake.
I'll explain what I do, what I expect and what I get.
The Person in this example in my Family Tree is Geert Harms Veuger-Veldman May 25 1749 born Hoogeveen
1) I find this person in the site of Theo Kelner, but it also lists a person "Albert Veldman" as smart matching to Geert Harms Veuger-Veldman. So I have a correct and a wrong smart match. I first select the wrong smart match, and reject it. As a result I have a red-written "Reject" at this place.. which is 100% correct of course.
2) I now select the correct match and open the compare window
3) I manually merge every single person to be sure everything is merged properly
4) now I go back to the compare window
5) but what's that, the right person now shows a green-confirmed, but te wrong person shows me a green-REJECT!
6) right-click and "change status of this match" now lists "confirmed" suddenly to Albert Veldman.
a) of course I never confirmed this, and since I did everything manually it's 100% not a mistake by me, I never confirmed this person
b) why the hack would it list "green" but write "reject" but when I right-click and "change status..." it lists confirmed
please fix this ASAP as it's still impossible to manage the smart-matches if they're not listed properly or changes or undone, wrong done, on persons I've not even touched or forget the reject/confirmed I did before, or even overwrites them wrong
This is definately a bug that can't be left out of any upcoming patch. Since it's really annoying never to be sure what you've selected and what not, and if selected something correctly, out of the sudden the program changing it out of nowhere.
This is really annoying and makes the software completely unusuable at smart matching. People I've already confirmed suddenly get "rejected" and people I've rejected are suddenly confirmed.
Red/green is completely screwed up..
But please, don't reset anythng. I already read that if you reset things for users, users then loose all the information 100%.. so no resets! Simply fix the code. I'll "reset" or "fix" everything myself once you've fixed the code.
If I edit a person, the program looks for new smart matches.. If it smart matches 2 persons then, it forgets if I already marked this match as "reject" or "confirmed" or what it does remember is wrong..
So this is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP. If I change/edit a person, and the program automatically checks for smart matches.. It should remind the smart matches I already had, very if any new found smart match corresponds to any of those I already had, and simply mark the new found as the one I already set.
So, each time I change a person in a family, ALL the smart matches of kids/parents are resetted and null and void and I can start smart matching from scratch because the program forget everything I set before..