How does one assign a source citations to a specific EVENT (like a birth or marriage), not a person's name?
For example, if I have an LDS film number / record number of a person's birth, how do I fill out the SCOURCE and Source citation forms such that when i export a MyHeritage gedcom, the appropriate field get filled out.
Several genealogy software packages allow for source citations per event, even multiple citations for the SAME event.
I think even FTB has this feature. But when I import the gedcom into FTB, I only get the citation attached to the name, NOT THE EVENT (like a birth).
To assign one source (or more) to a specific event, please follow these steps:
1. Locate the person's card on the tree
2. Click "Edit" > "Edit Details: ..."
3. Go to the tab "Facts"
4. Select the fact (event) to which you want to add the source
5. Click: "Fact Citations"
6. Select the source citation in the dropdown menu (or create a new one)
7. If there are additional citations, click on the button: "Add Additional citations"
8. Click "Ok"
I hope this is useful. Please feel free to contact us directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org for further comments or questions.