I am using the FTB Premium. I am having difficulty with the following family relationship:
Mother has two sons without father (don't want to list the father)
She has a partner who is not the father of the two sons. When "adding partner", he shows up as the father of the two sons.
How do I fix this?
I had a similar issue and managed to solve it..here's how:
1. In the family tree view, click on one of sons.
2. In the left hand panel, click Options and then Remove Connection.
3. In the right hand panel, click the From Parents button and then click OK
4. The son should now appear in a family tree with just him in it.
5. In the left hand panel, click Options and then Connect to an Existing Person
6. In the right hand panel, click the Connect son to a Parent button
7. Below that, type in the name of the parent
8. Below that, click the name of the parent as a single parent option and then click OK
9. Do the same process with the other son
The family tree will now rebuild with the correct picture.
I hope this helps!
Thanks for your response. Your answer seems to indicate a solution for the My Heritage Family Tree web application. I am actually looking for help with the Family Tree Builder Premium software application. Are you using that software too?
Let me know and thanks again.