I have recently been experiencing some troubles with my Family Tree Builder Program showing Smart Matches. When I add a new individual, the program shows that it has located a Smart Match. But when I click to see the results, it says that no Smart Matches were found. I had this same problem a few months ago, but it straightened out after a few days. This time the problem has been going on for nearly a week and a half.
I have the latest version of the program. What could be causing this problem?
I will try to publish my tree back onto the site and see what happens then. I am not sure if that is what might be causing the problem, but I will let you know.
When I go to install the new version of the program, it comes up with an error saying that insufficient space is available in my drive to install it. I have made sure that there is enough room to install it, but it will still have the same error. For some reason the old version does not give me the problem,
If Vista is telling you that you don't have enough space, you could have a problem with the "Restore Points". I lost most of my hard drive because Vista was set to unlimited Restore Points. I eventually recovered the unused space by restricting the number of Restore Points. It should take up no more than 15% of the hard drive. In my case it took up more than 50%. You can download a tool called "WinDirStat" which will diagnose how much junk Vista is storing without your knowledge.