Hi, Changing the photo that program automatically choses for the card is such a long process when you have to do it for every single person in the tree. I have to once delete the one that system automatically has chosen, and then have to go bck to my computer and find one that i can choose. It doesn't even provide the option of choosing from the album created in the program which is silly.
I have another problem. I had a grandfather with 3 wives! How do i enter them but not do separate family trees for them?
We are indeed currently working in improving the process of selecting the cover photo for a person in the tree. The program currently uses the first photo that you added for this person but we are working on adding a quick way to see all the photos that this person is marked in, and selecting the one that you want as the cover photo – or to add a new one from your computer.
Regarding adding multiple wives to your grandfather: Simply click the ( ) button in your grandfather’s card and in the “Spider menu” that opens up, click “Add another Partner”.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I finally managed to do that. I have couple of other suggestions.
1) Can you make it possible to have photo albums within albums. For example I have My Family's photo album and within that I would like to separate them by Event like xmas 2008, holiday in dubai etc
2) I have once tagged all my pictures to the relevant persons when I imported them but I had to delete quiet a large section of the tree as i made a mistake and add everyone on again. Now all the tags are gone! Is there any simple solution to get them all tagged like the first time.
3) Is there a way to locate duplicated photos and merge them
4) I made a mistake on one small part and had to delete a section of the tree 1 by 1. Is there a quicker way of making adjustment and connecting people in the tree. I make an example, my grndfather was married 3 times. I only knew about 2. So i made the whole family tree based on that. But then i was told by my uncle that his biological mother was someone else. Instead of having to delete his whole family tree section (which believe me it was such a time consuming and long process, took me nearly 3 hours), can it be a way of just creating this new person as another wife to my grandfather and MOVE the family tree section to hers! instead of having to delete it all and write them all again and losing all the photos that was tagged and all the information that they have added on already.
1) That is a good idea for improvement, I will forward it to our development team.
2) If you still have them on your computer, you can remove all these photos from your project, and add them again using the import wizard.
3) You have to do that manually.
4) You can use the Attach \ Detach features. Right click on the relevant card, and chose Parents > Detach parents, then Parents > Attach parents. choose the relevant parents from the list (this is just an example, you can do the same with children, brothers, etc.)