The exact same thing happened to me last week. i wrote to support, got no response, and posted a question on another forum (but can't find it at the moment.) Let me know if there is some answer or solution. Ben Stern.email@example.com Thanks.
There are several reasons for smart matches to disappear . The smart matches are generated when you make a change in your family tree and publish them to your website. The data will then be compared with approximately 24 million other family trees at MyHeritage . Due to the fact that this takes some time it will take a few days days to collect the data and for large trees it can take longer.
The smart matching technology is very dynamic. It happens that in this "intermediate period" webmasters make changes in their family trees and remove individual cards and even entire trees. The result is that you have received a message that you have a smart match, but that the data has been removed. The result is an empty smart match.
If the publication of a tree is removed from a website then all the related smart matches will be removed as well. Both the smart matches in your website as the smart matches that have been confirmed and rejected by other webmasters.
When a new tree is published the system will generate new smartmatches for this tree and the whole process will start again, which will take time.
Another reason is that webmasters sometimes decide to change their site settings and turn the smart match system off. As a result all smart matches related to this tree will dissapear.
I don't think you want to arbitrarily merge so-called "Smart Matches into your tree. There are a great many errors and conflicts with the data that has caused many people, myself included, major problems. First, most of the data is undocumented which is the biggest issue. Then there is the conflicting data issues and using the "Consensus" tool doesn't help. There is the issue of duplicates, child birth dates earlier than their parents, and too many more to mention here.
I have been with My Heritage for about 2 years and in the beginning thought the data was good as I was only getting a few at the time. However, as my tree grew so did the matches and I now have thousands of people in my tree and thousands more matches to confirm and thousands more to review. Due to the problems in my tree, until I can sort it out, I have stopped all confirmations so not to continue the proliferation of bad data going to people with someone of the same name and nothing else. It would behoove you to be careful in copying data without some type of documentation. I have pictures of headstones, yet the dates on the individual given in the data is wrong.
To this end, I have sent out messages to members of my site regarding this problem and have had many responses of people having the same issue. I have reported this to My Heritage earlier and just sent another message to please contact me since I have found greater problems since my inital report to them.
It is my hope you will not encounter the same problem with doing your due diligence and follow the most important rule in genealogy research: "Document and Cite!"
I have not had access to smart matching in my tree or records access from my tree for over a week. What was the use of paying for premium memebership if I can't use it? Al It says is can't communicate with smart herritage but it does small stuff like check map locations so it is communicating with my herritage somehow. I also can't get to my webpage from the tree I have to go there from a web browser.
I took down my firewall and it still won't communicate with your program therefore your first answer was full of it and I had to compromise my computer security to proove it. I need a prompt reply telling me a valid correction since the problem is obviosly with your program and you have already not worked on it for a month. Your last answer made no sence when you hadn't told me what to do in the first place and I am tired of being put off.
I dropped my firewall entirely briefly to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. I would like you to actually come up with a viable solution. Now you software has totally corrupted my trees data and I am doubly not happy with you.