I don't think you want to arbitrarily merge so-called "Smart Matches into your tree. There are a great many errors and conflicts with the data that has caused many people, myself included, major problems. First, most of the data is undocumented which is the biggest issue. Then there is the conflicting data issues and using the "Consensus" tool doesn't help. There is the issue of duplicates, child birth dates earlier than their parents, and too many more to mention here.
I have been with My Heritage for about 2 years and in the beginning thought the data was good as I was only getting a few at the time. However, as my tree grew so did the matches and I now have thousands of people in my tree and thousands more matches to confirm and thousands more to review. Due to the problems in my tree, until I can sort it out, I have stopped all confirmations so not to continue the proliferation of bad data going to people with someone of the same name and nothing else. It would behoove you to be careful in copying data without some type of documentation. I have pictures of headstones, yet the dates on the individual given in the data is wrong.
To this end, I have sent out messages to members of my site regarding this problem and have had many responses of people having the same issue. I have reported this to My Heritage earlier and just sent another message to please contact me since I have found greater problems since my inital report to them.
It is my hope you will not encounter the same problem with doing your due diligence and follow the most important rule in genealogy research: "Document and Cite!"
I have not had access to smart matching in my tree or records access from my tree for over a week. What was the use of paying for premium memebership if I can't use it? Al It says is can't communicate with smart herritage but it does small stuff like check map locations so it is communicating with my herritage somehow. I also can't get to my webpage from the tree I have to go there from a web browser.
I took down my firewall and it still won't communicate with your program therefore your first answer was full of it and I had to compromise my computer security to proove it. I need a prompt reply telling me a valid correction since the problem is obviosly with your program and you have already not worked on it for a month. Your last answer made no sence when you hadn't told me what to do in the first place and I am tired of being put off.
I dropped my firewall entirely briefly to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. I would like you to actually come up with a viable solution. Now you software has totally corrupted my trees data and I am doubly not happy with you.
I fixed it myself with aloss of some data but not nearly as much as i lost when your software corrupted my trees data. I had to remove your software from my computer redownload it and import my old tree from the website but at least I don't have people as their own grandparents any more.
Thank you for writing to us.I apologize for the delay in my response.Each time you make changes to your tree and publish, your Smart Matches are processed again.Since you have a very large tree, they can take more time to process- up to several days. The case that you see is when the matches haven't finished processing, so if you wait a few days without publishing this should appear properly.
If you add information to your tree in 2 languages, you must make sure to add all the info in both languages, otherwise it will appear as Unknown. You can check what languages are in your tree if you open your project in Family Tree Builder and go to Tools> Languages. Make sure to set the same display and primary data language, even if you have a secondary data language. If you right-click on that window and go to Manage data languages, you will see how much data is in each language. You can choose to copy all info to one language or add all of it in both languages.
Please also see the following post in our FAQ in English regarding this issue: