Why not have something on the Family Tree SITE itself that links immediately to the Family Tree BUILDER so it's possible to flick between the two, to add or edit data? I find it immensely frustrating having to leave one programme and find the other!! cheers, John
I am puzzled with this mix of languages that I find in the different threads. I would like to recommend that there will be different threads, for the different languages. I expect that communication will be facilitated, as this should not mean that anyone will be excluded from reading contributions written in another language.
If this goes on as it is today, especially with machine-genarated translations which are awful at best, then Babylon may have been a much easier place to live.
Entschuldigt bitte mein Alt-Deutsch (Slang). Ich stamme aus der Generation (1958er), also vor der "Rechtsschreib-Reform". Es ist mir allerdings zu mühselig danach zu schreiben. Vielleicht hilft der Translater hier auch. Meine Frage -
Kann man den Übersetzer auf der Seite vom Forum einbauen; vielleicht in Form eines Buttons, welchen man bei Bedarf anklickt, mit den Möglichkeiten vom google-Übersetzer. Es würde
mir sehr gefallen, wenn ich in den jeweiligen Sprachen Fragen stellen und beantworten könnte?!?
So können wir uns die Trennung des Forums in Sprachen sparen!
Eine Gemeinschaft - a small world - wollen wir doch alle bitte werden und sein - bleibend!
Für die Zukunft - für unsere Zukunft!
Can we install a translator on the side of the forum, perhaps in the form of buttons, clicking which one, if necessary, with the possibilities of google translator.
It would please me very much if I could put in the respective languages and to answer questions!?
So we can save ourselves the separation of the Forum in languages!
A community - a small world - we all want to please and be - permanently!
For the future - for our future!
Here are some suggestions that I think woulld make MyHeritage even better:
1. I think it is great that every member can add photos, videos, etc to the family site, but I don't like that any member can also delete/remove them. I think that for each item (photo, video, document, etc) that is uploaded to the site should only be able to be removed by either the member who uploaded it or the site manager(s). As family sites grow in membership this can guard against those very members who might cause problems by deleting items uploaded by other members.
2. A few months ago you added maps to the statistics page. I think this is great. Also when you look at the member lists you can see the location of members (if they add that information). I think a great addition would be a whole map that uses pins to map all the members of the site (just the members who have listed their location). This would be a great visual to see what parts of the globe the site members are from.
3. Adding links between different family sites that have the same individual(s). I know you have mentioned adding this in the future and I also understand how this can make things complicated, but I think this would be fantastic. I love FTB so I use that to updated my family tree. The problem is that means only I can update the tree and family members can't made additions themselves. By linking common individuals others could create their own trees that could could be linked to very distant and under-developed parts of my tree. I understand this can make things tricky for MyHeritage, but I believe there are many possible solutions. One could be that basic members have a limit to the number of trees they can join while premium members can join however many family sites as they want.
Anyways, I hope these suggestions are helpful and that I/we see them in the future.
I apologize if this feature is available, but I can't find it.
I like to put down the source of the information that I have located and placed in my tree. Right now, I am just adding it to the birthdate, death date, etc. This doesn't give a very good look and feel. I don't want to use comments, as I'd like the source next to the information.
Any way this could be implemented?
Thank you! I absolutely love this site. It feeds my geneaology addiction! :o)
The old one showed you a much larger picture of the family tree to start. If you're at the bottom and want to go way up, say 10 generations up, you have to keep expanding and expanding the parent nodes.
I agree - font on the tree looks like antialiased, but it doesn't seem to be a good idea. Some people looking at the tree may be pretty old, with poor eyesight - this kind of font is not good for them.
I don't know if this has been asked before or if such a thing already exists.
A GEDCOM to HTML generator would be a nice feature for FTB. It would "roundoff" a GREAT program. Are there any plans for this? At the moment I use a program called GED-GEN which creates web pages exactly as I want them.
It would be nice to have everything done in one program instead of using external programs
I am the webmaster of my own site that has 12 different family names on it. My own site only costs me $AUS20 per month for hosting which I consider quite reasonable. I know My Heritage publish for free, but I enjoy doing my own HTML.
Would it be possible to be able to put a variation on a Surname in the same way as when you enter a wife's maiden name?
This may only effect me!
For example, My Surname is "Rout" and when the transcribers copy the census records due to handwritting ect some times its Route, Root, Rough, Rolt, Vout, Wrought, Ront, Roult, etc. Also its not just Rout, my Great Great grandfather was Drewery and the variations with that name is Drew, Dreary, Drewary and there are more.
I do put a comment in the notes section to say what the varient is, but it would be nice if it were possible to have it displayed as I said in the same way as the maiden name of the wife.
Its just a christmas wish but if it were possible.
P.S. The new look tree display is great, and the person select is now better,
Some suggestions, just like I said in section family pages in my post about bug in Family tree:
First of all, fix BUG please, mainly the one with NOT SHOWING new added persons in Family tree, thx:)
For example Home page, nice one, but when i update information for more then 5 peoples per day, on the frontpage will be shown: updated information by 18 persons in family tree: Rabek, Melo, Pavlov. but not the inline list of them like it is , when you update <= 5 peoples per days :) Same it is when you add persons.
When THE member of our family is logged in and than click on Family Tree, why is he not seeing himself in center of Family Tree like Initial person, but only me. Maybe is there some option for this ..
One person in two places - like in case of married of 2nd cousins. I need to see one person like a wife and on the same screen like sister of someone.
Don't recommend to me your great Famyli tree program, I'm cooperating on my family tree with about 90 peoples. And when your colleague tell me, that it's possible , but I have to update gedcom, and than mark every single person on each photo(about 500), I was thinking he is kidding me. So your program is not for our family, we like to work online, not lonely offline .)
Adding existing person as parent of someone, this is easy one :)
When will be these things solved, It will be for me perfectly working Family reconnector.
2. Just like inviting by email suggestions, birthdate and anniversary suggestions, do add family member additions based on closest relations/matches, e.g. Add brother of abcd, Add son or daughter of xyz and efg... The whole product is about how many more members can be added to the family tree so that families knows more about themselves.
3. Email address suggestions should consider how many generations are behind and not to suggest inviting of generations that probably are not alive or email never existed during their times!!!