First of all I ask you to forgive me because my English is not too good, but I have to tell you that I've found the same bug and I've reported several times to My Heritage but, after a week, nobody gave me a solution. It is impossible to export in GEDCOM, and even it is impossible to create natives reports within the Family Tree Builder 7. The problem is in all the notes and sources created in the new FTB (old notes does not have the problem). The problem also appears in the FTB Iphone app. I've found that the strange characters are the interpretation that HTML language make to accented characters (for example, the sentence “Este es el período en el que figuré como” appear as in the file attached). I write in Spanish then you can imagine that my reports, with this kind of problem, are impossible to read. Not having a solution or at least an explanation I am beginning to think seriously to go back to FTB 6 or to move to another genealogy software.
I'm using FTB to create Excel lists and connect separate GEDCOM (exported from my different MH online trees & other software) files together. I never had problems with accented characters, and I have a lot in all my german names.
As described above, I did a small test without any problems.
I do in this order: “Reports” and “Export custom report”. Then, “People”, “Select people”, I do the selection. Then, in “Fields to export”, I choose “Selected fields” and I include “Notes”. Finally, I create the file. That is all.
The problem appears in all the reports, not only in Excel reports. Notes created in the previous version of the FTB remains ok in reports.
I also use to create “Book report” with “The complete Genealogy Report” and to export my GEDCOM files to Geneanet web site but now is a disaster and I had to stop.
Until this morning I had 698 photos in FTB v7. I uploaded 16 or so of them with no problem. This morning I decided it was time to upload many more. When it finished FTB told me that 16 of them did not upload because they were bad. The only problem is, FTB never told me the names of the "bad" files so I could redownload them. Where, if anywhere are the names of the bad photos?
I find that I cannot add a persons photo in FTB V7.I can select the photo, but in the next step the window just won`t respond.Screen shot attached of frozen window So ,I now add the photo on the Site, and then it sync`s back to FTB.
With V6 I could add a photo in FTB and it would publish to the site.And I could also add a photo on the Site.
I have moved up to v7 and was expecting the sync to load approx 300 photos which are on the web site but not held on my pc, this has not happened. Can anyone advise me how to get these loaded please without running the download function?
I too would like to know this. I still have all my photos on my computer but they are no longer showing up in my FTB - all I see are a lot of camera images instead of the photos. Syncing seems to only go one way - it uploads new information to my website but doesn't download the photos. How do I get the photos to show up in my FTB again?
BTW, I've checked the photos folder in my FTB folder on my pc and the photos are all still there - they just don't show up in my program.
I have this problem too. I thought version 7 would be what I was looking for with the web sync, but I now have a local version with no photos! Why release an app with such a fundamental flaw? This is the big selling point of this new version, and it simply doesn't work!!!!!
Since upgrading to V7 information added for new individuals like birth, deceased (on Main Card) and all subsequent tabs (Info, Contact, Citiations, Notes, Facts and More) is not displayed in FTB. This is also the case when editing existing persons. FTB allows one to capture the infomation but then it simply disappears. So, for the last 8 days I did not capture any new info. I am running Windows Vista.
I have reported this problem but no response (Ticket#2013042910007747)
This problem has been for a long time. It show up for me when I changed my windows from Win98 to Win8. U can avoid most of the problem by the language settings. Try to set both Primary and secondary language to the same language. Look at the Advanced Tab in language setting.
It worked for me, until realease af V7 then it was back and I noticed that the language setting was back to "old" settings.
It doesn't work. My problem may be, that I started from scratch on my desktop no V6 to upgrade, whereas previously I ran FTB on my Netbook. There I was able to install the new V7, but the PC is too slow. In addition I would like to work on 2 PC in parallel to check the family tree and e.g. work on smart matches.