Thank you. IT seemed strange to me that after working with my site members for two years, all of a sudden when I started to use FTB7 and synced the first time, they couldn't update the tree. I can't see the logic behind this, except for the possible problem of having two different versions that would be difficult to sync . (This would be the case if the site mgr made updates on his PC while the members made updates on the website).
Well, I just uninstalled the FTB. I hope that won't affect any future actions I perform on the main webstie tree.
I know, the documentation gen of software developers is very small
But, publishing a change log of a software program - in this case FTB - could be really very helpful. As I'm reading the posts about FTB 7, there are a lot of problems and most of the users are very worried.
So, place a little change log on the FTB page, and/or a litte readme file with the software package, please. So everybody can see, what's new (new features, corrections, etc.) with a build of Your FTB.
However, as Remo mentioned we currently do not have a full detailed change log and it is clearly missing for some people. We are sorry, and we might consider adding one to our next versions (most probably v8.0 as we need to take time to adjust the proper documentation for such a thing).
The problem is easy to describe: every time I include new info into a record via a Smart Match the "include Citation" box is automatically checked. But when I try to save the changes an error dialogue box appear stating that the citation cannot be saved. I have to manually un-check the include citation box before I can save the changes.
This happens every time for every Smart Match. Very annoying
Great to be able to enter Chinese characters now. Here are some feeback.
1) When generating the ancestor (and all other) reports, the Chinese characters do not show up. Only "???" characters are displayed. Anything I must set on my PC to enable the Chinese font to display correctly?
2) Secondly, the "fact notes" that are generated in the report also carry the HTML codes -- which is not right.
I have the same problem with Spanish and French characters and I have noticed too that HTML codes were the origin of it! We are a lot of people reporting the same problem to the staff of My Heritage. Problem with fact notes also appear in the FTB app for Iphone. I've written them several messages but since a week I have no answers.
I'm uninstaling Family Tree Builder as it demaged my work (for second time actually in 2 years).
Be careful when you are opening projects while another project is not saved or so. I cannot repeated steps I've made but after openning another project and re-opening current project Family Tree Builder MERGED data from those two project into the current one. I have merged families, parents, changed IDs, etc.
10 years of wor and now I have to investigate discrepancies among up to 1500 person.
I don't have this problem. I did a small test with a father, a mother and a children. All names (first- and lastname) contains accented characters like äöü. Export to Excel CSV, edit this CVS file with an additional name with äöü, reimport into FTB. Every name looks good.
First of all I ask you to forgive me because my English is not too good, but I have to tell you that I've found the same bug and I've reported several times to My Heritage but, after a week, nobody gave me a solution. It is impossible to export in GEDCOM, and even it is impossible to create natives reports within the Family Tree Builder 7. The problem is in all the notes and sources created in the new FTB (old notes does not have the problem). The problem also appears in the FTB Iphone app. I've found that the strange characters are the interpretation that HTML language make to accented characters (for example, the sentence “Este es el período en el que figuré como” appear as in the file attached). I write in Spanish then you can imagine that my reports, with this kind of problem, are impossible to read. Not having a solution or at least an explanation I am beginning to think seriously to go back to FTB 6 or to move to another genealogy software.
I'm using FTB to create Excel lists and connect separate GEDCOM (exported from my different MH online trees & other software) files together. I never had problems with accented characters, and I have a lot in all my german names.
As described above, I did a small test without any problems.
I do in this order: “Reports” and “Export custom report”. Then, “People”, “Select people”, I do the selection. Then, in “Fields to export”, I choose “Selected fields” and I include “Notes”. Finally, I create the file. That is all.
The problem appears in all the reports, not only in Excel reports. Notes created in the previous version of the FTB remains ok in reports.
I also use to create “Book report” with “The complete Genealogy Report” and to export my GEDCOM files to Geneanet web site but now is a disaster and I had to stop.