Have you had any luck with your site? I had an emai from the them today to say they were working on it 24hrs a day and expect it to be fixed in a day or two, but then they said that the last time. I'll keep you posted if its does or if I hear anything else.
I have noticed in the photos directory, there are multiple in some cases > 6 copies of an image that appear to be in use... this is significantly driving up the size of the project. I can see a thumbnail and the original picture, but why so many?
OK - I am looking at the photos directory and I have a combination of photos and documents (mostly jpgs) in that directory. Looks like I am up to 389 seperate "photos" yet when I do an upload I get something like 151 photos being uploaded. I take the documents are not reported as being uploaded. Also are the documents also handled the same way i.e. original and 2 smaller thumbnails.
I am also seeing multiple sets of 3 files for some images. I'm just trying to cut down the size of the project a bit. I expect to be adding MANY more photos and docs in the next couple of months and this project is already over 50mb - that number seems to go up and down even though I am still adding data. I'm just trying to match the program status reporting with my actions in the program.
All my pictures have 18MB in my folder, but when I put'it in the site the total amount of pictures is 92MB and each pictures apear 6 times.
Another problem is that the program don't recognize the pictures, and for that, each time I publish the tree (online from MyHeritage Family tree), the program double the picture, so each time I am forced to delete manually over 300 picture, wich is verry time consumer.
Try to add smaller photos to your project, this might prevent Family Tree Building from creating 2 smaller thumbnails for each photo.
I had an ancestor who married twice. I accidently added the children from the second marriage to the first wife. I deleted the first wife. The line that descends from the link between husband and wife to link to children now just descends from the father's box, not indicating the children's mother correctly. Is this too confusing? Can anyone tell me how to fix this without deleting all of my work?
I've recently noticed that when I enter dates in Family tree Builder, they appear properly. (for example I can enter the date like April 25, 2009 and it will save it as 2009 APR 25) However, it shows as a "Date in free text" instead of an Exact Date. I can try re-entering it specifically as an exact date but one I click OK and then go back it, it has reverted to a "Date in free text" again. I've attached a couple images. If I enter the date as in FTM-Date3.GIF click ok and go back in it shows as FTM-Date2.GIF
This wouldn't cause so much problem except that I cannot report on free text dates and it is getting frustrating.
Could you send me these screen shots to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Which report are you generating when you are experiencing this problem?
Noam / MyHeritage
I've just emailed the screen shots I took. I'm actually not trying to generate any reports beyond getting the calendar events via the automated MyHeritage email and showing the dates properly on the web site and in the Family Tree Builder software.
I can't see your attachments, but I think for the dates to be properly recognized as exact you need to enter them by selecting from the selection boxes rather than by typing... I remember struggling with an issue along these lines a while ago...
That's the problem. I do use the specific boxes to enter the date as an exact date (Select April from the month dropdown... etc) and click ok. Then when I open it again, it shows the date as a free text date instead.
This always worked for me before and most all of my dates are entered properly. The problem is if I enter new dates or try to update something I entered previously, it switches all dates to free-text.
The Facts detail dialog box provides feedback when there are photos associated but do not provide any easily seen awareness of other attachments (docs, video etc) - I am slowly adding Census Page images to my tree and there is no easy way to verify whether a census note has been updated with it's original image if the docs are all coded as Document as opposed to photo. Additionally, if a note is given date/location information, that info is not carried back to the associated document. Going the other way does result in a question about adding location/ date info to the fact record.
Adding docs - especially census pages that have multiple people associated with them is very combersome right now.
BUG - I tried the import process to grab a whole directory - about 60 document images (census pages) - the software is only seeing the first one - even when specifically pointing to the exact document containing the files.