My program, and my entire computer freezes if I try to upload pictures or do smart matches. I made sure I have the newest version, I've changed my default internet browser to IE from Mozilla, I even did a system check on my entire computer.
I don't know what else I can do.
I'm sending you my project. Please help.
I would be interested in upgrading my account in the future, but not as long as I'm having this issue with this version of the program.
I, too, am having the problem w/ Smart Matches disappearing / app freezing. I'm using Win7 and have made the modifications suggested at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings.
I've been working on a modding platform with 20friends from around the world on the same project. C , graphics, Python, etc. all in 1 big project.. To keep our work synchronised, we used SVN repository from Sourceforge. The moment I start my computer, start my Visual Studio, the local SVN on my HDD is synchronised with the one on the internet, hence downloading anything and everything friends of mine did in the USA while I was sleeping, and I just continue work from the point where they left development.
What I'd love to see, is a similar system implemented for MyHeritage FTB..
The moment I start the Family Tree Builder, to check any changes online done by a family member of mine, and update to latest version, (of course give a output of the changes just like SVN so you can verify and revert or even history search for changes to correct failures slipping into the database) and keep my version in sync, with the online, so when I log out, and let's say 5hours later my sister wants to add some more, she starts the program, get's automatically my changes to update her local copy, (again, output of changes on screen, winmerge alike would be the best I'd say) and she can continue work..
ie. my request is full collaboration using techniques proven to be working on large projects on Sourceforge, using interfaces proven to be working(winmerge etc) ...
based on a SVN repository to search for changes through history of the DB and even revert versions or at least keep track of them with backup data(in case someone deletes edited photos so you can revert back to them or copy them out of the repository)
Please make sure that you are publishing tree to the correct site. When you create a publishing request, you have to tell Family Tree Builder what Family site to publish your tree to. If you have published in your Family Tree Builder before, then you should see a list of projects to publish and the site to publish them to (Under Publishing > Publishing Settings).
If you don’t see the correct combination of project and site, first choose Remove Publishing. Then click on Publish to another site. Select the second option as you already have a website, and then select the family site you want to publish to, and click OK.
If you would like to delete the new family site, visit the site, copy the site link from the browser window and send it to me (naty at myheritage dot com). I will take care of it for you.
I built my online tree by importing a GEDCOM file from another program. I now do all my updates to the tree online and allow others to make changes to the tree.
I now want to use the FTB software to run reports. I exported the GEDCOM file from my online tree (I have tried both English and Serbian in Language in Settings online). The GEDCOM file exports fine, but when I open the file in Notepad I see that language says English.
When I then import the GEDCOM file into FTB, many of the characters do not get imported (accents on letters). So I edited the GEDCOM file to change the language from English to Serbian. I then import to FTB and everything looks good and all characters displayed properly. In FTB, I have English as my display language and Serbian as my primary data language.
When I run Reports in FTB, everything looks good (heading, relationship descriptions, etc. in English but the names of people and places correctly shown with proper accents). This is what I want.
However, when I go to Charts, every single person in the chart has [Untranslated from Serbian] instead of their name. If I change the language to Serbian in Chart Options, the names look good, but all the descriptions, headings, and relationships are shown in Serbian (which I want to see in English).
I do not have any of these problems with the online tree (English headings, but Serbian names show correctly). Can anyone please help?
In Reports>Family statistics : Overview I have a number of "unknown" gender shown in the pie chart. I have checked all members and they are either male or female.
I suspect that if you have "unknown" gender it is likley because you have tagged some members as private. Not because the gender is labelled as unknown.
I would also suggest that the gender should be per the Family Tree Builder app and if all members are male and female then regardless of the fact a person may be marked as private the genders should be correct in the web reports.
In the builder app It may be worthwhile to consider additional gender 'types' such as Gay or Lesbian or Transvestite perhaps if you want to be strictly correct.