not only am I unhappy with the answer, but also about the fact that it took a week to get the first response and MY reply to your Email is STILL UNANSWERED.
Last week sunday I wrote:
thank you for your answer. I read the link, does this mean that when smart matches are enabled the information is automatically shared?
Why then the two different options: “Make this family tree public in the Genealogy Center” and “Enable Smart Matching”?
I am confused...
Then I am also wondering when the rest of the questions will be answered. Waiting more than a week for feedback is NOT priority support. I am also in the IT branch and if I would take a week to respond to a "standard" customer, not to mention a "priority customer", I would be facing a diciplinary!
Am 10.10.2010 15:36, schrieb email@example.com: Hi Vianca,
Thank you for writing to us.
I see that you wrote on the forums that you were unhappy with this response.
I am very sorry for the non specific answer.
If you would like your tree to be private and not viewed by other members when smart matching, then you have to un-check the option 'enable my tree for smart matching' which can be found under Family Tree > Manage Trees and click on Edit tree settings for each family tree listed.
Please note that if you disable smart matching, then you will no longer be able to enjoy this feature.
Part of using this feature, is enabling your tree to be open to matches for others to benefit as well.
Please let me know if this answers your question, and if you require more assistance.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Re: [Ticket#2010092510002906] OPEN FOR INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES [Dutch] [P11][VW]
"(unless you write in the forums, which are public for all users). "
If the information in the forums can ONLY be read by other users of myheritage, I have no issue. But as I wrote before if you search on google, sites like 123people also collect the forum entries and publishes the content on the internet. I.e NON myheritage users also have access to this information. And THAT is the bit that is disturbing me. :-o
Am 03.10.2010 11:26, schrieb firstname.lastname@example.org: Hi vianca,
Thank you for explaining further what you meant.
We use a ticketing system in order to communicate with our users.
This does note mean, however, that the mails that you send to support are open for the public to see. They are private, and no other users can see what you are writing to support (unless you write in the forums, which are public for all users).
I would appreciate it if these questions can be answered.
1) Information on the forums is open and public, so that people can learn more and ask questions about MyHeritage.com. Your email address will never be shown in the forums (even though you see it when you are logged in as yourself). Only your display name will be shown to other members and guests.
2) We do try and answer questions as quickly as possible, although sometimes, due to holidays, we do a get a little backloged. If you are waiting for an answer, and did not receive one, please write again to email@example.com.
To your reply on 1. You still do not seem to understand my question / concern. I am not referring to information visible on the myheritage website but to the information listed by sites likes 123people or yasni when I search for my surname in GOOGLE. In other words, this information is published OUTSIDE myheritage, visible NOT ONLY to myheritage guests and members.
I am sorry for misunderstanding your previous question. Let me do my best to explain:
Hallo, thank you for your answer. I read the link, does this mean that when smart matches are enabled the information is automatically shared? Why then the two different options: “Make this family tree public in the Genealogy Center” and “Enable Smart Matching”? I am confused...
There are two different options, as you mentioned, to make a tree public in the genealogy center and also to enable smart matching, since they are different options. When you make your tree public in the genealogy center, this means that any non-living individuals in your tree can be searched on www.myheritage.com under Genealogy > Genealogy Center. The second option, to enable your tree for smart matching, means that your tree will be processed for matches against all of the trees that we have in our database (that are also enabled). In order to receive matches, you also have to be prepared to be macthed to other trees.
I am very sorry for the delay in the response.
We offer Priority support, which means answers to our Premium and Premium Plus users within two days. We are sorry that there are cases where a few mails take longer to be addressed. Please know that this is not our intention, and we apologize.
J'ai troubé la resposte du les administrateurs de Myherytage.
Est en espagnol mais n'est pas dificil d'entendre.
Bona nit.... Ma langue maternel est le catalan......
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2010092310004686] Re:Family Tree Builder - Basic - ¿Como fusionar dos árboles? [Spanish] [P08][VW]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:57:44 -0500
Lamentablemente no es posible unir arboles de diferentes sitios. Pero le podemos recomendar mencionar el sitio en el texto de bienvenida de su sitio.
Vemos que tienen un sitio familiar muy completo e interesante. A menudo publicamos historias de usuarios en nuestro blog (http://blog.myheritage.es/category/historias-de-usuarios/). Nos gustaría publicar su historia. Si esta deacuedo por favor envíeme un email a firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipo de MyHeritage.com
I am having mutiple issues. This past week I installed the newest version of the FTB and now I am getting boxes popping up on the screen over and over again when the system is left alone. The boxes are blank and just keep popping up in the same spot over and over again.
I have gotten various errors....including the Out of Memory error spoken of in other posts.....I have problems with the research working correctly as it seems that almost every time I use it it freezes the system. I have noticed that every time I use the photo features the computer freezes. Every time I use the document attach feature the system freezes.
It is very frustrating to be paying for a service that I am not able to use!! I know its been a good six months now that I have been having various issues and I keep thinking that they will get better with a new version...but it seems that they are not getting better but instead just getting worse!!
In the past I have been very happy with this service and the FTB program.
I would like to stay with FTB and the premium service but if this keeps up I will need to find a different service. (Anyone have any good suggestions?)
Please help me figure out how to make this work correctly on my system.
I am using Windows 7 with 4 GB Ram. I have tried using the software on a different computer and it gives me the same issues. I have tried using it on a third system running XP-Pro and I get many...but not all...of the above issues.
From your account details in our database, I previously thought that you were using an older version of Family Tree Builder.
If you say that you just reinstalled, then you must be using the nevwest version.
Just to make sure, please go to Family Tree Builder, to Help and to About. There you should see a version number and a build number. Please tell me what it says there.
Let us try a fix:
Please close Family Tree Builder on your computer.
Then go to your Windows desktop, and click on the START orb
Type system in to the search box there.
Then Click on System to open it.
Click on Advanced System Settings.
Under Performance, Click on Settings.
Then Click on Data Prevention Execution.
Click on ADD
Then Browse till you find MyHeritage which is in the BIN file in you Program Files where you have FTB installed
Double Click on MyHeritage,
Click that file so that it appears in the box File Name box
Then Click open and it should appear in the Exception Box with a tick in the square alongside the name of the program, then APPLY and OK everything and you will find that FTB should work fine in Windows 7.
Please let me know how this goes, and if it does not work, we will try something else.
I'm editing the family tree using FTB and publishing it to the web. Here are some problems I encounter:
1. [FTB, WEB] title of the photo on the web does not match the title entered in FTB
- when I add a photo to the tree, the filename looks like: "PICT0001.jpg"
- I do some changes, tag the people, set the date and place and also set the new Title of the photo.
- I publish it to the web, but the name of the photo remains "PICT0001.jpg". Why?
2. [FTB, WEB] deleting the photo album from the web is not possible
- I found new feature "Albums" and created an album in the FTB with some photos from "All photos"
- I saved the project and published it to the web
- new album was shown with the photos
- then I decided to delete that album, so I deleted it in the FTB and published the tree again
- the album remains on the web and cannot be deleted (More actions offers only 3 items: "Select all, Download all, Share album"
3. [FTB, WEB] it looks the current storage usage on the web is not correct
- I had some photos in the tree - it all took cca 30kB on my disk in the Photos folder of the tree and similar info was shown on the web
- I have added some photos and 2 videos to the tree - it all takes 139 229 777 B on my disk in the Photos folder of the tree
- I published it - since I have only Basic account, videos were not published. I don't know, what size was shown on the web after this publishing
- I created an album (that one mentioned above in the point 2) and published it
- afterwards I checked the storage usage and was surprised that the usage reached cca 87MB - I thought it is doubled in the new album, so decided to delete the album
- after I deleted an album in FTB and published the tree, the album is still shown and the storage usage is still the same number as before and much higher than the size on my disk. What's the problem?
4. [FTB] Is it possible to mark and name the face on the photo if the person is not in the tree? In WEB it is possible, but I did not find something similar in FTB.
1. We only support photo titles in one language, and I see you are working with two languages in FTB. To solve the title issue go to the Language menu, and to advanced language options.
Make sure the main data language and secondary data languages are set correctly.
Go to the relevant photo, and change the title in both languages.
Now publish - is the problem solved?
if not, go back, change the secondary data language to English, and change the title again.
Let me know if this does not help.
2. To delete this album, go to the Photos and Videos page > Find page, click on the relevant album, then choose "Delete".
3. Delete the album in the way described above. There might be some "ghost" files online still - if you find you have reached your quota, without actually using it, let me know and I will add more space.
4. It is not possible to tag a person which is not in the tree in FTB, but you can use the People > Add unrelated person menu, to add a person to your project, without connecting him to your tree.