I am using the free version of MyHeritage. Because of my Czech heritage I have trouble typing Czech special letters into my ancestor's names, even when I use Czech keyboard on my computer - I only can type š and ž. But I need to type ě, č, ř, ů. Is there something within the program that I can do, some adjustment?
Thanks for your upcoming advice (I hope it comes soon).
I did indeed switch to Czech both as keyboard language and display language in MyHeritage. Still - no respond. If I fill out a relative's personal data, best example is "Oldřich Ježek",the display shows after typing "Oldrich Ježek" Or someone who is named "H°ula" is now "Hula". How is a permanent change possible?
i've upgraded from FTB v4 to v5 a couple of days back, and i started exploring it.
i stumbled upon the "Tree Consistency Checker".
the idea is a stroke of genius!
two little questions:
(the attached picture concerns both questions)
1. whatever i press in the window - nothing happens and i get a "script error" message at the bottom.
what could it be?
2. i can't understand the first issue the TCC finds. the explanation doesn't sound like an issue but stillit's checked as an error. i couldn't find any help online about "Wrong designation of husband and wife (#26)"
2) The wrong designation of husband and wife refers to a Gedcom where the husband is on the right and the wife is on the left (against genealogical standards where it is the other way around). You can choose to ignore this issue, if you wish.
You are runnning an old version of Family Tree Builder. Try to update your version (Tools > check for updates). If this does not help, try running Family Tree Builder as administrator (right-click the software icon and select Run as administrator), as we suspect it may be related to access right to the phots on your hard disk.
I just downloaded the free version - created a report where I had the names in color, but it didn't print in color - also, I have a husband and wife with 3 pictures connected to them - one of the husband, one of the wife and one of the marriage - why doesn't the wedding photo show up in any of the reports?
1) When you are saying that names appeared in color in the report, which report are you referring to?
2) Regarding the photos: all our reports currently show one photo per individual - the photo you set as the individual's personal photo.