When I generate a 'Close Family Chart' using the latest version of Family Tree Builder (Version 5.0.0, Build 1168),
the '.pdf' file generated is unusable in that lines of text are printed on top of each other
(even though the process goes to end successfully without giving an error).
There are 460 people involved so I'm wondering if there's an upper limit to the number of people which can be successfully included in a Chart ?
I actually want to generate a Chart with 890 people in it.
Do anyone know the practical limits or has anyone found a way around this problem ?
I've started using FTB 5.0 with a continual publish to the site. I'm in the process of starting to load in and link the some 2,000 pices of media I have with my account. I have some questions...
- Is there anyway to "associate" or link to a person without having to modify the face recognition box for each person linked? I personally don't want to have to keep doing this for all of my media. What about items that aren't faces but I want to link to a persons record? I'm confused. I see there's an option to turn off the face recognition but the box keeps coming back on "associating".
- When I publish up to the website, every person who I tagged almost appers tageed twice in each pic. One ID'd the other asking for ID? Can members tag even on an uneditable site? I assume their tagging, ar any modifications, are wiped out each time I republish my work? What kind of control do invited members get?
This could be a result of changes in the site settings.
I suggest you try the following:
- in Family Tree Builder, click Publishing > Publsihing settings...
- remove the existing publishing settings
- create a new setting by clicking "Publish to another site" and select your site on the popup window that opens.
- try publishing again
Can you please check whether you have any network security or communications software running on your computer, or on the network which your computer is a part of? This may include firewalls, proxy servers, anti-viruses and/or routers. The presence of such software or hardware may cause problems communicating with MyHeritage.com, unless they are properly configured.
Such software or hardware are more commonly found in office environments than at home.
I am fairly new to FTB and the MyHeritage site and am currently a PhpGedView (PGV) user with a database that has links to almost 2000 pieces of media. When I import a GEDCOM in to either FTB or the MyHeritage site neither seems to hold the links to the media. Can I do anything to hold the links or do I have to relink all my media again?? I've examined the GEDCOM file and the media names are embedded in the file.
Also... I'm interested in making this my active work site for my work. Is it possible to update the published tree from my FTB software or do I have to delete the tree and republish it each time? Should I do all my work on-line? I assume I can edit the tree online on any platform? I'm a little mixed up with the best way to work and exhibit constant updates and changes in my work? Confused!! Help and advice is appreciated!!
Well I have a similar question. Since I am new to myHeritage I might be saying something stupid, but here it goes:
I received a huge update on a .GED file. So I downloaded the online gedcom version from myheritage, merged both databases on my computer (went from 608 individuals to 2245), and now I would like to upload the resulting gedcom file with both databases merged and updated.
But I can't find an 'update' option for my existing online tree file on myheritage.
So I have to delete it (substitute it)? Or keep both trees running simultaneously, in parallel?
I just uploaded the new .ged file but it seems to be another tree, but in fact it is the old one, enhanced...
There should be a "merge tree" option... is there?
Oh, BTW, I wouldn't add the 1637 new individuals manually to the existing online tree, would I? There must be another way, like merging locally and updating the existing online tree... :-)
I recently upgraded to Version 5 of FTB and then subsequent to that to Version 126.96.36.1998. In moving to the 1168 version a 'New User Guide' was supposedly downloaded. However in viewing the 'New User Guide' it appears to be the old Version 4 one as no new features, such as the new Chart Options, are mentioned. Please advise when a corrected version will be available for download. Thank you.