I have made the change and will let you know if it works. Interestingly the parameter was set to 100 not 5. I'm guessing this means it would perform 100 matches at the same time. I have not made any changes to the CFG file so this must have been how the program set it when it installed.
So there is a bug to do with multiple researches occuring at the same time and that this workaround will remove the situation that is causing the problem. I assume that you will work on the actual bug so the program can perform multiple searches without looping in the future.
I'd be interested in the answer also since it is also happening to me on V6.
For everyone else, The problem isn't a total loss. Continue running the script (say yes to the errors) until the report finishes generating. Then select the contents of the report and copy to your clipboard. Open Excel or something like it and PASTE SPECIAL - text only. The result will be a spreadsheet with blank rows between each error. You can then sort the data and the blank rows will fall to the bottom. If you just paste (no special) Excell will try to interpret all the bad JS links and the result won't be pretty or functional. The result of the text only paste is all the data for each error record will end up in one cell but at least it is editable and usable now as a reference outside of FTB. I've been deleting the excell rows one at a time as I resolve the problems so it's actually not a bad way to manage the process.
I am new to family trees and have just begun using the Family Tree Builder. I was wondering if it is possible to display all marriages, with related branches, of a particular person, in the 'Tree' view. I have seen this feature in the 'Charts' section, but not in the tree view.
I just tried to create a Book Report and all I get is the following error:
"Book report software not properly installed"
It used to work before I updated to version 1168. Although I'm not ready to produce a Book I like to generate one every now and again to see how my data would look if printed in book form. This allows me to correct any format errors in my data that I have entered in the notes fields etc.
I have added 8 photo's to my FTB tree and linked a couple of them to different albums. I just checked in the My Heritage folders to see what it did with the photos and found that FTB has made multiple copies of each photo for some reason. I now have 40 photos in the folder all of varying sizes and different names. I understand that a Family Tree program would make and store it's own thumbnails in it's own folder but to make so many copies is extremely poor programming.
As I have a lot of documents/photo's that I want to attach to different people I could end up using up a lot of disk space unnecessarily. This might not bother people with very large HDD but could catch people out if they are not aware of what is chewing up all there disk space.
When I navigate to C:\Program Files\MyHeritage\Temp it lists all my zip files, 13 in total that it uploads. It uploads all of them and then the process aborts with the following message in the log file:
23 APR 2012 19:02:05 GMT 2: Started publishing project Family Tree (Melanie Herbst and Freddie Botha) to site Melanie Herbst's Family Tree Web Site
23 APR 2012 19:14:39 GMT 2: Error: zip file error - (zip file error : 199)
23 APR 2012 19:14:40 GMT 2: Error: zip file error
I have version 18.104.22.16834 of the Family Tree Builder.
Please advise on what steps I can take to try and resolve this issue.