Hello - I'm running Windows 7 with family Tree Builder version 5 (the current version). It has been working for some time, but yesterday the program would not run, giving the runtime error. I downloaded the version again and reinstalled but the error continued.
I wanted to split my large tree into 3 trees, so I copied the main tree for 1 tree and copied and uploaded the same tree for a third tree to delete the thirds from each tree. I am unfamiliar with this program and beginning to become frustrated.I make changes in the builder and then I publish, not sure if these are both on the web because I can use builder without an internet connection.
I cannot change the name of the one of the projects (the project has a bunch of numbers because I think I tried to generate it twice) because it says error that the name cannot be changed and to make sure a that the folder of the project is not in use. I think I screwed up and have something hidden.
I've just downloaded and activated FTB 126.96.36.1998. Whenever I try to run the program it launches the 'new project' but as soon as I complete the wizard (either importing or cancelling) FTB crashes:
Problem Event Name:BEX
Fault Module Name:StackHash_33fd
Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:00000000
Additional Information 1:33fd
Additional Information 2:33fd56375ca10792d884caf83c65b0e2
Additional Information 3:ff65
Additional Information 4:ff653c6efb843e40530d266f2b169b95
Running Windows 7 32-bit, (installed on non 'C' drive). When I look for the main.cfg file mentioned in some other posts, it doesn't exist. My Roaming profile cfg folder only contains a ChartNew.cfg file.
I had to move the FTB software and data to a new computer. Took a full backup of my project. Installed the software and made a restore. Everything worked fine until I noticed name and facts where missing in FTB, but it is still there when publishing the data so it's not gone. Smart matches does not work for some people even if they are newly added. All new persons data added are always visible. I thought of retyping everything (then it shows) but there must be some fix to this, and I'm using the fully updated 188.8.131.528 version. Any ideas?
Can you please check what languages you have set for your tree in Family Tree Builder?
Please go to the Tools menu > Languages.
Note that there are three options here, the Display language, Primary Language and Secondary Language. You will need to have the appropriate languages selected.
If you originally entered your data in one language, and no longer have that language selected as one of your data entry languages, then you will not see that information that you entered in that original language.
If you would like your information to be in a different language than what you originally entered it in, then select the original language as your primary data language, and the new one as the secondary one. Then go to Tools menu -> Translation Wizard to translate the names to the Secondary Language. Why must you do this? The original entry of data for the Primary Language must be “translated” or converted into the Secondary Language. The Translation Wizard is a fast and effective way to do so.
Thank you! That worked for me to change to Swedish as primare and english as secondary (as it actually was before). The only question know is "Smart matches does not work for some people even if they are newly added" and I know for sure that there is a match?
Thanks. Yes I did and it still did work until copied the program and it's location from my old computer to a memory stick and loaded it on my new computer.Now I am back in the editing business. Thanks again.
seria bueno que la investigacion Smart Research no investigara las personas con la marca de "busqueda completada", ahora con un numero grande de personas es una perdida de tiempo investigar personas que no se desean investigar
Thank you for writing to us.
Here is how you can delete those extra custom facts:
Please close Family Tree Builder and then go on your computer to MyDocuments > MyHeritage > Your Project name > And into the cfg folder (make sure that you are browsing all file types).
There you will see the project.cfg file. Right click on it and edit it in notepad. Search for those custom facts. Delete those lines. Then save the file.