My aunt sent me a gedcom file to copy some info from, Somehow it got loaded to my site and i want to remove it, i have doubles of some people and i want to remove that tree from my site. How can i do this?
1. It would be nice if when you upload your tree with FTB, that you could still have the option to edit information online.
2. It seems that when I go down the online tree I crreated, everything works out okay, but when I go up the online tree, seems information gets messed up.
3. I have 2 trees on my website, one I uploaded with FTB and one that I created online. I went into summary after I transferred information from the uploaded page to the online page and didn't have the option to delete the upload page.
I'm relatively new to the site, which I enjoy immensely by the way, so any suggestions about what I may or may not be doing right would be greatly appreciated
First, thanks for suggestions and we're glad to hear you enjoy using the site.
In answer to your questions:
1. We are working on allowing you to synchronize between your family tree in FTB as well as on the site. Hang in there with us, it's coming soon...)))
2. Can you tell me a little bit more about what 'gets messed up'? Is it data, names of persons, etc? If you can pinpoint a few errors for me I can take a look at them.
3. I noticed that you are registered twice. Under one email address you are listed as a member (this one) and the other address you are listed as the webmaster. Try logging in with your other email address and then you should see the options to delete trees in the Family Tree > Summary section.
If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask us anytime!
If you used the "Sign Up" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you would have chosen a password during the sign up process.
If you started creating a family tree online by entering your first and last name and the first and last names of your parents from the home page at MyHeritage.com, then you should have received an email with your password in it.
If you didn't receive that email, first check in your junk mail or spam mail folders in your email inbox. Still didn't find it? Go to MyHeritage.com and click on the "Log In" link and then "Forgot Your Password". A new password will be sent to you.
In the case that you still haven't received any password, please let me know.
I have still never received the email from the export Gedcom function. I try it about every other day, and have been hoping it would actually work for about 4 months now.
I was going to buy the yearly membership so my entire family could get involved in this, but I've found that many features just don't work - at all.
I've tried generating charts, reports, and exporting Gedcom - but they just aren't working.
This place would be great, if it actually worked. I have alot of time and research stuck in my online file - and it is useless because I can't get a copy of it for use on my personal machine! I really really need to make some corrections and split the file into a manageable size, but I can't do anything until I can get a copy of the gedcom that is now currently stuck on the MyHeritage server!
Everything I have put into this database is a complete waste of time because I have NO WAY of accessing the raw data that I NEED!
I have asked support to send me the Gedcom (they say it is being created, but I am just not receiving the email link).
Can someone just PLEASE send me the Gedcom? I'll start over if I can just get the Gedcom that I desperately NEED.
I have tried about 50 times over the past 8 months and still have never received the email so I can download my Gedom file. I'd really appreciate a resolution to this so I can complete this project in time for this Christmas.