There have been many innovative apps created for android devices. Why isn't there an app for android devices......meaning Family Tree Builder. I want to do more than just SEE my data...I want to edit my data while I am out in the world researching for my ancestors.
Presently if I am going into a cemetery to research grave sites, I have to take my laptop,,,UGGHHHHHH. My android tablet would be so much better. But I can't edit my data with the present MH android app. No functionality. With the laptop I don't need internet connectivity. I can use Family Tree Builder data. But with the present MH android app I have no functionality (no Family Tree Builder) when I am out beyond internet service.
Please write a functional android Family Tree Builder app that allows editing without requiring internet connectivity.
i have just downloaded the latest version of the MyHeritage app on a Samsung Galaxy S5. Whenever I try to edit any details, I hit the save button then I get "Permission Denied. Please contact site manager". I only have the one account, but got it when you had to use the downloaded software to create the tree. Can someone please help me with this?
In Family Tree Builder, it is possible to choose a DISPLAY language and a DATA ENTRY language.
DISPLAY language corresponds to all the buttons and command names in the program. DISPLAY language changes Family Tree Builder’s interface only and will not affect any information that you have manually entered in the tree.
DATA ENTRY language corresponds to the information you enter into the tree yourself. Names, places, notes, etc. are considered DATA.
Family Tree Builder allows you to enter Data in 'Primary' and 'Secondary' Data language
The problem you describe occurs when you enter Data in two different languages into the Family Tree Builder program and then synchronize it to your online family site. Within Family Tree Builder you can see two Data languages when you open a persons detail card. In some cases you might enter data in one language and leave the other language empty.
Now, when you synchronize your tree to your online family site, the tree view can display only one language at once. This means that for all data that was entered in a second language, it will display UNKNOWN in the family tree and in SmartMatches.
In order to resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
1. Open Family Tree Builder on your PC and open your project.
2. Open the Tools window by going to Tools menu > Languages in the upper toolbar.
3. In the window that appears, make sure that the check-box "Same as Display Language" is checked. This will make sure that the display language is the same as the (first) data language.
4. Now please do a right click somewhere in that window. A small menu appears, click on the item in it "Manage Data Languages"
5. You will notice that you have different amounts of items in the listed languages. You have to make them equal.
6. Select the first language in the list and click on the button 'Copy'.
7. In the new window you select the 'Copy To' to the other language and click on the button 'Copy'.
8. When the copy is done, select the second language in the list and click again on the button 'Copy'.
9. In the next window you select the 'Copy To' to the other language and click on the button 'Copy'.
With the above steps you make sure, that in both languages in your project you have all available data.
I hope that this will resolve your issue. Please inform me of your progress following the above steps and of course, do not hesitate to contact me again should you need any further assistance.
The family tree on your app is the same tree that you have on the family tree online on MyHeritage.com.
When you update on the app, it will update automatically on the site.
The Family Tree Builder that you have in your computer is a software that is locally stored in your computer. In order to update your family tree with the information that was added via app or family tree online, you have to sync, by opening the tree on Family Tree Builder and clicking on the 'Sync' button in order to sync the two platforms (online tree and Family Tree Builder tree).
i have just downloaded the latest version of the MyHeritage app onto my iPad. When ever I try to edit any details all goes fine until I hit the save button then I get "Permission Denied. Please contact site manager" as I am the site manager I can't understand what to do?