Eric, a name is what it is, and dosent matter where in the world you living, maby there can be some problems with the familyname, but in this case, there are nothing at all, that can give a match. And yes I know we have Æ (ae) Ø (oe) Å (aa) hire in Denmark, but if you are looking at my first read, you will see, in my familitree is there notting with æ, ø or å.
Please tell me where there the match is in this case:
Name: Gerda Kristine Dalsgaard Poulsen (Christiansen) (in my tree)
Name: Johanne Pederdatter ( in other tree)
Birth: 31. marts 1945 (in my tree)
Birth: 21. januay 1767 ( in other tree)
Place of birth: Unknown (in my tree)
Place of birth: Frederiksborg County (in other tree)
Alive: Yes (in my tree)
Alive: No (in other tree)
Date of death: No (in my tree)
Date of death: 2. October 1849 (in other tree)
Father: - (in my tree)
Father: Peter Nielsen (in other tree)
Husband: Christian Poulsen (in my tree)
Husband: Søren Nielsen (in other tree)
Daughter: Liza Poulsen (in my tree)
Daughter: Karen Sørensdatter (in other tree)
Daughter: Marie Sørensdatter (in other tree)
Son: Niels Sørensen (in other tree)
Maybe I'mblind butIcannotwithmy bestwillseethat the abovematch cangive46%in quality.
I have one photo which has about 17 faces I want to associate with tree people. I'm following the process as accurately as possible but when I go to the site, many of the names are correct, other have "click to name" and others have a double square round them.
Tried it several times but with no success. All the associations are appearing as "personal" photos in the tree.
I have a GEDCOM from a program where I have used dd/mm/yyyy format. How do I set up your software to recognise this format and not import it incorrectly assuming mm/dd/yyyy?
I have a voucher to acquire the paid for version that has 2 days left so I need an answer pretty quickly as obviously I can't buy it unless I am certain I can change the import date settings (as with othercommercial genealogy software).
I use the 99XXX9999 date format where the first 2 digits are the day, the next three characters are the month (1st 3 letters of the month) and the final 4 digits are the year. In my opinion and those of many genealogists, this format is the best one to use for reporting dates as there is no confusion regarding the month or day as the month is spelled out - in the UK date format and the standare US format confusion can arise when one is not sure which format has been used.
3 generations back my grandfathers brother had 5 children, all listed as full siblings. I have since discovered that one of these 5 children, a daughter was illegitimate being born to a domestic servant. I have added the new mother to the tree as a "standlone" but I'm lost as to how to show that the child was not a full sister but had the same father, but a different mother
I've searched the FAQ's and have found some "close" answers but not the right answer.
When you tell the system to connect to a parent, it will find the parent and there is an OK button at the bottom of the page. If there is more than one partner attached to that parent, there is a small window just above the OK button which allows you to choose which parter. If you don't check this little window and make sure it's going to the right partner, it will just default. If there is only one partner then the little window won't be there.
Not working that way for me. I have the child attached to her mother and they stand alone with no other connections. When I try to add father, the system will allow me to add an existing person. But it is then insisting that the father is a spouse of the mother which is not the case. There is no little box above any of the OK buttons!
It sounds like you actually have it right except that you accidently attatched the mother as a spouse instead of a partner. That's another thing to watch for. When you add a partner, you need to tell it the right relationship in which to connect them. If you have all relationships on there correctly and know where to look, it should work like I said. It's always worked for me. I do sometimes find that I put it on there wrong and am able to fix it in this way. I don't know any other way except what I've told you. Maybe a myheritage team member can help.
In looking back at your first question to make sure I got it right, I am not sure what you mean by adding them standalone. You do have to attach them to the father.
Success!! Instead of trying to attach the mother to the father which didn't work, I started with the father and added the mother as a "Partner" to the father and now the tree is correct. Many thanks for your help