The tree is created with MyHeritage Familly Tree Builder 22.214.171.12409
language seting to croatian
and when publish to webpage show me only 2 person man wife ( show 2 of 153 person) no link with cihild or up to father or mother...
When export to GEDCOM and open in FTM ver. 2011 and save again to GEDCOM from FTM 2011 and upload to myheritage web is shown ALL very good but in this way no east europan characters...(this is normally for FTM 2011)
Thank you Loir. Please pass on the following suggestions as well:
- The creation of email groups. As the tree grows, the need for different family email groups becomes essential.
- When on someone's profile, selecting "Contact #name#" simply links to them in the tree. It is not easy tocontact someone from their entry or profile so it becomes a real schlepp to contact someone as I have to copy their email to my inbox. I use Google Chrome. I tried it in IE and the same thing happens.
- I would like to stop newbies to the tree adding members that are not connected to someone in the tree to stop lots of disconnected individuals floating out there. As it current stands, any member can add person or their dog who is a not family member, and it can operate like a seperate tree on the same site (more like a weed choking the tree!). Can this be prevented? In otherwords, make it you can ONLY add someone if linked to someone in the tree.
- Linking to Google/Picassa/Web Albums face and name recognition technology (or across platform) to help complete profile pics for tree members.
- The option to get calendar reminders on the 1st of each day of each month only (rather than repeated reminders on each birthday during the month - too many reminders encourages members to unsubscribe).
Thanks for a great programme. Keep making it better.
I have forwarded the sugestions of email groups and sending calendar alerts monthly to our developers.
Regarding the contact link on a member's profile, can you please give me a specific example or link for this? You should be able to compose a message to the member by clicking there.
You can choose whether or not to give your members the privilege to invite people to your family site. To do so, please go into Settings > General, and you will see the checkbox ‘allow members to invite other members to your site’. Make sure to save your settings.
Can you please give me more information on your request regarding the face recognition technology? I couldn't exactly understand the suggestion. What technology do you suggest to be used for face recognition? Please let me know so that I can assist you further.
1. I dont know how to give you a specific example as it happens on each on my site members. For example, if I go theperson on the tree and then select "view profile", it has a list of options beneath the photo. One of these is "contact #name#". If I select this, all that happens is it takes me back the the person in the tree. I use Chrome but it also happens in IE. I have just tried it again with three different people who are site members - same thing every time.
2. You misunderstand me - I do not want stop people from adding or inviting people to the site. I want to prevent people adding random people who are not relatives with links to the family tree (ie what is to stop somene from adding a buddy who is not a relative?) . In other words, I would like to make sure they can only add someone by using "add a relative" links.
3. If I upload a photo to Google webalbums or to Picassa, it automatically scans the faces on the photos, and suggests who the person might be, and asks you to confirm or suggest someone else. I am suggesting the same happens on MyHeritage. If a photo is uploaded, the system scans the faces on the new photo, match the faces to known people already in the tree, in the 1st instance, and then, in 2nd instance, check in the google database, and suggest names. Standard face recognition stuff.
1. We were able to reproduce the bug you reported, and notified the developers of it. We wil ltry to fix it as soon as we can and will update you regarding this.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
However, if you try this through picking the member in Site members, viewing their Profile, you will be able to contact them through the same button.
2. It isn't possible to limit what type of people other members invite or add to the tree. You are only able to limit the site members from editing your tree and site completely, and prevent them from inviting members. Since you don't want that, I suggest you contact the site members and ask them to respect this request. You can always remove unwanted members or people from your tree.
3. We do have a face recognition technology on our site! When you tag people, and then add new photos, the system automatically suggests tagging similar looking people. This technology was produced especially for our site's needs, but is similar to the ones used in Google and Picasa that you mentioned.
My cousin have a sister, but not according to the tree. I can't add siblings to her. It sais that they're not related. What do i do?? And when i rightclick on her, the "siblings" is gray and not useable.
Jeg kan ikke tilføje min kusines søster, da siden siger de ikke er i familie med hinanden. Hvad gør jeg?? Og "søskende" når jeg højreklikker på hende er ikke brugbar, da den er grå
Unfortunately, Smart Matches™ are not fully synchronuized between the Family Tree Builder software and the site. We are aware of this need, and are hoping to add this in the future.
In the meantime, even if you are using Family Tree Builder, you are encouraged to use the new Enhanced Smart Matching™ on your family site, and enter new information you learn using Family Tree Builder.
To transfer your Family Tree Builder Tree from one computer to another:
First, save your family tree from Family Tree Builder onto removable media. The best way to back up your family tree is to use Family Tree Builder’s backup facility on File > Back up Project. It will save a single file, perfect for backup, that contains your family tree and all its photos and documents. You can save it to any removable media device such as a flash/pen drive or CD/DVD.
The backup can then be restored on Family Tree Builder on a different computer, by going into Family Tree Builder on that computer and using File > Restore Project.
Another option is that I can change your tree settings so that you can edit it directly online from your laptop or from any other computer.
If you would like that, please let me know what tree you would like to change.
Tack för att duskriver till oss.
För att överföraditt släktträdTreeBuilder frånendator till en annan:
Först, sparaditt släktträdfrån FamilyTreeBuilderpåflyttbara media.Det bästa sättet attsäkerhetskopieraditt släktträdär att användaFamily TreeBuilderför säkerhetskopieringanläggning påArkiv>SäkerhetskopieraProject.Det kommer att sparaen enda fil, perfekt försäkerhetskopiering,som innehållerditt släktträd ochallafoton och dokument.Du kanspara dettill någonflyttbarmediaenhet som exempelvisenflash /penna drivaeller CD / DVD.
Säkerhetskopiankan sedanåterställas påFamily TreeBuilderpå en annan dator,genom att gå inFamily TreeBuilderpå datornoch användaArkiv>ÅterställProject.
Ett annat alternativär att jagkan ändraditt trädinställningarna så attdu kan redigera dendirektpå nätetfrån din bärbara datoreller från någon annandator.
Om du vill hadet,låt mig vetavadträdetdu skulle viljaändra.
Jag antar att du har Family Tree Builder. Gå in på Arkiv och välj Exportera GEDCOM... Det skapas då en fil. Flytta filen till Laptopen och gör den omvända Arkiv, Importera GEDCOM.
Enligt andra trådar här på forumet kanske inte allt följer med så kontrollera att noteringar och fakta följer med. Grunddatat följer iallafall med. När du importerar tillbaka från laptopen så skapa ett nytt träd så har du det gamla kvar som backup ifall något händer. Du kan stänga av publiceringen på det gamla trädet och starta det på den nya istället så slipper du ha 2 träd som genererar Smart Matches. Du kan döpa om det gamla trädet så du kan använda det namnet på det nya.
So there is absolutely no way to edit my tree online if created by your software? This is a very important feature that I wish was more clear before signing up as a Premium Member! Please clarify. Thank you , Ann
No, at this point in time there is no way to edit your tree online if you have published your tree to your site from the software, Family Tree Builder.
If you have done so, I can make the 'switch' for you, in order to make your tree on your site a web tree. It will then be fully editable on your site. From then on, you will only be able to edit that tree from your site, and not from Family Tree Builder.
OK, so I'm dumb. I'm good with that, BUT... I spent several hours entering a family tree, and the system? tells me it's MY site... but then it says I'm a guest and cannot edit the site. Also lots of entries that I made are now "Private". I'm missing something here. How do I just get into the tree and continue adding and editing?