Does anyone know if I purchase the Premium plan - do I get access to census records too? Or will I be charged another amount for that information? I can't find the answer any place on this site. I am about ready to give up.
I suppose you talk about U.S. Census - I am premium subscriber and when I go to the U.S.Census search form I can see list of results for my query, but if I try to open particular record I am forwarded to info page about data subscription advertisement. So you will be charged by another fee no matter if you are premium subscriber or not.
The files on my pc are only taking me into the MH site now and I keep getting messages to sync but the log says the tree is in siync.
I think what has happened during the update "sync" has somehow loaded the tree from the site back to my pc and lost all of the data. 430 names and details back to 1850's. The pictures I had uploaded to the site are there, I think, but no names d.o.b. etc etc. I've asked other members to try to get on the site to view the tree and they also cannot view the tree.
In my site there were 2 trees the main one PDLamb family which we cannot see now and a smaller one the Obrien branch which is still there and o.k.
I've reported all this to MH and got a support ticket but no answers, no real contact from them.
Ok i understand. You should have a backup on your PC. Guess you have a "standard" installation on C:.
1. Open FTB
2. In the menu bar, choose Tools/Options/General (it should be default opening screen)
3. Note where the "projects directory" is located. (top parameter)
4. In Windows Explorer, open that location, open the correct tree, open the library "Backup" there you should see a lot of .zip-files, choose the one with the latest date, right click on it and choose "Extract here" you should now see a library named "Database", click on that library and you should see a .zed or .uzed file. Double click on that file and FTB should start and load that file.
5. When you have your tree opened you can publish it to the web-site.
6. Read the publishing/sync information CAREFULLY so you DO NOT download the web version and UPLOAD the FTB (PC) version to yor web-space.
I understand if my explanation is not possible to follow/understand but I did at least try. ;-)))))))))))))
Changing the GUI to japanese works perfectly, so does entering data in japanese.
But Charts and Reports only display "." (dots) instead of the entered japanese characters.
Changing the Report fonts to jap fonts doesn't help, even though "サンプル" (Sample) is displayed correctly in that dialog.
... this problem makes the software almost useless to japanese (all Asian?) families.
Platform: Windows 7 x64
I have saved over 800 screen prints from the church books during my research - all of them named with the id that each person has in my database. The documentation clearly says that this is a unique person id.
Now when I installed version 7, all id's are changed - disaster! What am I supposed to do - can I go back to version 6?
yes, I think you mean GEDCOM lines like for example this one:
1 RIN MH:I416
But I read somewhere that the ID that is visible in the program has been modified in version 7 to reflect the number of people in the database, That means ID's that has been removed are reused for new entries, or all entries get new ID's every time you open your database. In either case, I will never see my old ID's again, I guess.