I opened my account on the web, then downloaded your wonderful program, spent many hours loading photos and tagging them and building my tree. My file size is 25 mb which I don't think is that big a deal. I screwed something up, so I deleted my first tree and then did a fresh publish.
1. I always have to go into advanced settings and change the location to publish to to my email and password because "Dennison Web Site" does not exist. Why it doesn't, I have no idea.
2. So, it slowly published until it got to 73% done, and the green bar says 10% "waiting for site to process the upload". And it hangs there for HOURS. All night long, in fact. Then, I went to my online tree. The tree was there, so I know that the publishing was pointed to the right place, but the photos weren't online. But, get this, when I tried to delete the tree to start over again, it said I had 77 photos. Really? where are they? They aren't in an album or on my tree pages.
Seems to be a number of bugs with this site. I love the layout, but not the headaches.
It shouldn't take so long to publish your tree. Something is not working properly.
I would like you to create some logs that will allow us to look behind the scenes and try to discover the reason for the problem.
In order to do so:
1) Open FTB
2) In the Help menu, go to About Family Tree Builder
3) In the window that opens, right-click the MyHeritage logo at the top
4) In the menu, select “Start logs”.
5) Close FTB
6) Open FTB again and do the operation that is problematic (Publish your tree).
7) In the Help menu, go to About Family Tree Builder
8) In the window that opens, right-click the MyHeritage logo at the top
9) In the menu, select “Send logs”.
10) A Windows folder opens, highlighting a file called “Send_logs_to_support.zip”
11) Send this file as an attachment to an email
Here is the report. Funny thing is that this time the photos were uploaded. I am using the NathanielDennisonFamily site now. I deleted the other one, but I don't know how to delete the site called Dennison Web Site.
Anyway, the photos loaded, but they are not on the webpage when I go to it.
Thank you for trying to help!
I cannot upload the log. I get this message: For the safety of our users, the extension .zip is not allowed.
The allowed extensions are: .txt, .rtf, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .tiff,
.png, .ged, .wav, .mid, .pdf, .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mov
I joined this site 2 years ago with basic free 1000 individual, I've done 556 individuals on my tree. You changed to 500 then 250 and locked out my account unable to access to my tree since.
I read this site http://charlie-federman.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-professional.html
"The locking out of your site due to exceeded tree size was a bug, that we fixed tonight after being alerted to it in your blog article. This lockup was intended for expired sites (people who received a paid service and decided to stop paying for it) and was incorrectly applied to another scenario of an exceeded tree size, for old sites. This is now fixed, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention".
I have just received email acknowledging my membership to a restricted family tree.
Trough the link I received to my email, I am trying to log in with my regular user and password and get no result.
what do I do wrong?
What is the steps you are taking before this problem happens?
I understand Jaiel helped you to fix this before, and not it happened again?
I have created a test site under you account,
called Test site
Could you recreate the problem there, and let me know the exact steps you are taking?
Are you deleting the tree before the publishing process is complete, for example?