Peter, if you get your members to open hotmail accounts for email there free and others are available. you could always open the email account for them and then give them the password and address so they can take it over.
On "Geneanet" the therm Sosa 1 is used for number one of a list of persons. An other therm is "Proband" , the English "Oxford" dictionary is telling that a 'band' is a group of people (beyond a music-band). Now can the band of searched forfathers be very extended; even with the great-grand-children of my great-grandmothers father's-sister. How can you call such a genealogical assembling that goes much further than a parentage...??? Is there a name for this...??? "Proband-tele" or something like it...???
Here are some questions I have for anyone who could answer them:
1. I use FTB, but for most of the photos I just upload them directly unto the family site. I noticed that the first time someone is tagged in a picture that image becomes their personal photo on the actual family tree. I think it is great that pictures are part of the name card on the family tree, but what if I wanted to change this picture? How do I do it? Example: I add three pictures of my grandfather directly to the MyHeritage site (I don't upload them unto FTB). I first tag him in Photo1, then Photo 2, then Photo 3. His picture in Photo 1 becomes his personal photo on the actual tree now. But what if I decide Photo 3 would be a better fit for family tree picture? How do I change it? The only way I know is by untagging him in Photos 1 & 2 (then Photo 3 becomes his personal photo) and then re-tagging him in Photos 1 & 2. I know in FTB there are options to directly set which picture will be the personal photo for an individual on the tree, but can I not do this directly on the family site?
2. On FTB I have two trees (one for my father's side, one for my mother's side). I want to merge these together in a new file. I know you've said this can be done, but I can't figure it out. What do I need to do?
3. I currently only created/manage one site (and it is premium). If I were to create another family site would I need to purchase premium again just for that site? Or is purchasing it once for two different sites I've created/manage okay? Right now with premium you can have up to 2500 individuals and both of these sites together would have less than that.
4. I've added a document on the family site, but is it possible to add documents directly to FTB the same way you can add photos?
5. How do I add a picture along with a source on FTB? I have a family book as one of my sources on FTB and I'd like to add a picture of the cover to it. I noticed on the family site that there is a space for a picture when you look at sources, but how do I add the image? I would prefer to do it on FTB, but if it can only be done on the site then I'd like to know how to do that.
6. I've added one document to the family site so far (it is a section of the family book I just mentioned). It is also listed as a source. Is it possible to create a link from the source page to the document?
7. What are the requirements for uploading videos? I plan on buying a video camera soon. I was planning on buying an HD video camera, but would these videos be too large to upload to the site (I've been thinking of upgrading to Premium Plus so I would have unlimited space)? Would the format be okay? Any information that I might want to know about buying a video camera and uploading videos made with it unto the site would be a great help.
Okay, that is it. I know that is a lot of questions, but it would really help me if you could answer all of them. Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!
I'm not sure your new integration is without bugs yet.
When I clicked on a SmartMatch to compare, one of two things happen. 1. I get an error and am told to email, and 2. instead of a full screen, I get a small column about an inch wide. I can drag it to become wider, but then most of the information is missing off the page.
ALSO, more importantly, when I try to edit details of an individual, three-quarters of the screen turns into a see-through black. There is no way to make edits. This is incredibly frustrating. I do not have a lot of time to input information, and when it doesn't work, well.....
Regarding Smart Matching, we had a short technical difficulty due to the overload on our servers as a result of Doppelganger week. It has been fixed and you should no longer have a problem comparing Smart Matches.
As for editing your family tree, the screen is supposed to turn partially black when you click on EDIT or ADD or the plus button. Here's a screenshot how the screen looks when you click on the ADD or plus button:
I also checked your family tree to make sure there weren't any unexpected problems. Everything looks okay on our end. As long as you are logged in as the Site Manager of your family site, you should be able to edit the tree just fine.
I have downloaded and installed the toolbar just fine, turned off all blockers on my mozilla and still can't get the toolbar itself to appear. For some reason their are not links on the website itself to get to the celeb-anything. Someone please help. I've been trouble shooting and reading through these for days now.
I went through the settings list to generate an all-in-one chart. When I got to the menu for "content to include" I selected "birth year and death year ONLY"......among other settings.....BUT it seems to ignore my settings and continues to generate a chart with ALL details..with complete date of birth and death and burial.....also all the names of the places of birth and death......why is it not accepting the changes I make in the settings part of the chart set up?
Is it possible to invite family to my site and have them able to see only one of my family trees? I would like to invite my husbands family to only see their side and invite my family to see my side. Neither side is interested in seeing pictures or getting email reminders from the other side of the family. I hope this makes sense to you :)
My name is Miss sandra benson,i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address I believe we can move from here. I am waiting for your mail to my email address abo(firstname.lastname@example.org) Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life. My regards. Miss sandra( (email@example.com)
It is kind of a new way for spamming, because there are only 3 private persons in the tree.
Is it possible to block those small trees to avoid spam?