The problem is that you start with a search for the missing person. If I would do the search I would find him too.
The difference was that when I switched to my default Tree viiew page, the person of interest (as well as some others) were missing and tthe parent or spouse to whom that person was connected did not have any indications of the connection. What I do to look for the missing person is to visit the personal pege of the parent to which a missing person is connected and ask to show that person in the tree.The missing person will appear in the tree, but when I leave the Tree page (swich for example for Main page) and then come back to the Tree page, the person is missing again.
However this particular case has been fixed. I thought it was you, maybe somebody else did it. Nevertheless, I found some other people that are missing and require to find them either by search or going through the personal page of the connected people.
I have attached screenshots of the problem.
I searchtd for Oleksndr Fedyk and end up with SC1.
On SC1 there should be people attached to Kateryna Fedyk (parents) and Oleksander Fedyk (children). If I go through personal page of Kateryna, the tree looks as in SC2. Still no children show attached to Oleksander. If I go through Oleksand's personal page, the view changes to SC3 (Kateryna's parents are missing).
Hello! Im having trouble downloading my current tree as a gedcom file, in order to import it into the family tree builder. Ive read there's a link in the Manage Trees section to do this, but all i see there is a brief description of my tree and no download link.
I was looking at your account and I see you have a family site created; however, there is no tree. I see you are a site member of two other family sites.
If you are trying to export any of the trees of the family sites you are a member of, you are not going to have the option as Jaiel posted. You will only see the "view" option.
In order to have the option to download the tree, you would need to contact the administrator of the family site, and ask him/her to go into the same page as shown above, and select "edit" then they will be able to see these two options:
- Allow site members to download the family tree file
Lol, I just said it wasn't there. There was NOTHING in the 'uninstall a program' part of the control panel. But for anyone else with the same problem, I found the solution on another post... go to 'my computer' to 'c drive' to 'program files' to 'celebrity toolbar' to the file that's got the word 'uninstall' in it.
I opened my account on the web, then downloaded your wonderful program, spent many hours loading photos and tagging them and building my tree. My file size is 25 mb which I don't think is that big a deal. I screwed something up, so I deleted my first tree and then did a fresh publish.
1. I always have to go into advanced settings and change the location to publish to to my email and password because "Dennison Web Site" does not exist. Why it doesn't, I have no idea.
2. So, it slowly published until it got to 73% done, and the green bar says 10% "waiting for site to process the upload". And it hangs there for HOURS. All night long, in fact. Then, I went to my online tree. The tree was there, so I know that the publishing was pointed to the right place, but the photos weren't online. But, get this, when I tried to delete the tree to start over again, it said I had 77 photos. Really? where are they? They aren't in an album or on my tree pages.
Seems to be a number of bugs with this site. I love the layout, but not the headaches.
It shouldn't take so long to publish your tree. Something is not working properly.
I would like you to create some logs that will allow us to look behind the scenes and try to discover the reason for the problem.
In order to do so:
1) Open FTB
2) In the Help menu, go to About Family Tree Builder
3) In the window that opens, right-click the MyHeritage logo at the top
4) In the menu, select “Start logs”.
5) Close FTB
6) Open FTB again and do the operation that is problematic (Publish your tree).
7) In the Help menu, go to About Family Tree Builder
8) In the window that opens, right-click the MyHeritage logo at the top
9) In the menu, select “Send logs”.
10) A Windows folder opens, highlighting a file called “Send_logs_to_support.zip”
11) Send this file as an attachment to an email
Here is the report. Funny thing is that this time the photos were uploaded. I am using the NathanielDennisonFamily site now. I deleted the other one, but I don't know how to delete the site called Dennison Web Site.
Anyway, the photos loaded, but they are not on the webpage when I go to it.
Thank you for trying to help!
I cannot upload the log. I get this message: For the safety of our users, the extension .zip is not allowed.
The allowed extensions are: .txt, .rtf, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .tiff,
.png, .ged, .wav, .mid, .pdf, .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mov
I joined this site 2 years ago with basic free 1000 individual, I've done 556 individuals on my tree. You changed to 500 then 250 and locked out my account unable to access to my tree since.
I read this site http://charlie-federman.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-professional.html
"The locking out of your site due to exceeded tree size was a bug, that we fixed tonight after being alerted to it in your blog article. This lockup was intended for expired sites (people who received a paid service and decided to stop paying for it) and was incorrectly applied to another scenario of an exceeded tree size, for old sites. This is now fixed, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention".