Thanks! As far as I know I was only unsubscribed from the smart match emails, because lately they all linked me to the same huge list of matches, without showing me the specific new matches. I just recieved a smart match mail now that you subscribed me again, and I see this problem has been solved; I now get linked to the new match info needed. This is great!
Is it possible to create sub-photo albums to help keep things organized? Can several different photo albums be moved into one album so that the sub-albums are maintained? If it is not currently possible to do this, it would be a great addition to the website.
I used to have a site with you, and then I requested to delete my account. Since then I've made a new account with a different email address and my old tree is still there however the site manager comes up as deleted member. Is there any way to delete that tree now that the account is deleted?
I dont think this is possible, I deleted a branch once on the free builder, if you put the generations display to show 3 generations then right click the bottom ones and "person - Delete" at least you will still display the 1st generation and not return to the home person which happens when you delete a person from that person.
if you delete a person with generations below you will end up with floating people not connected to anyone.
On a person's profile tab a trash icon will appear when you run the mouse over the main photo. For any other ones on the profile, click "view photos" and you will have the option of deleting photos there.
On my main site (Kallarackal Family) I have many individuals. I have a huge family and several sections/branches actually have their own name. Everyone is part of the Kallarackal family, but there are different branch names.
I have been using FTB to publish my main tree to the site. Today on FTB I decided to export GEDCOMs of each seperate branch. So now I have a total of 5 trees on the site. There are 4 seperate branch trees (I added these with the GEDCOM files) plus the main tree (this includes all four branches plus others).
I did this so that members of each branch would have the ability to see just their own branch tree and also statistics just for their branch.
The problem now is that there are duplicates of several individuals on the site. Is there anyway for me to connect duplicate individuals on seperate trees on the same site? I want all photos and site members to be associated with the main tree. This way if a photo or new member is associated with an individual on one of the branch trees they will still be associated with the same individual on the main tree. Otherwise everytime a picture/individual is associated with someone on one of the branch trees I'd have to manually go in and change the association to the same person on the main tree.
I hope you were able to follow that. Sorry for the long post and I hope my explanation isn't too complicated.
You created your tree in the Family Tree Builder. This means that you will need to edit the details in the program, and then republish the edited tree to the site. Open the program and right-click on the person that you want to edit details for > Edit details > check the "deceased" box. Then, save and republish the tree.
My brother Vijay sheth is being displayed as my uncle & the pic is also that of my uncle on the site member's page.
apart from the above issue, i have many more queries as follows:
1. In the family news section on the home page, the "tell your family what you're up to...." - I can type in aonly a limited length message - i think it should be no-limit or the limit should be much much higher than what it is.
2. I had earliesr enquired regarding time zones - the evants & messages posted are displayed on the home page - not at Indian Time (I live in India)
3. The wishes sent to members on their events are displayed on the main page only if they are typed in on the day of the event - if the messages are typed in earlier, they are not displayed on the family news section.
4. I had also enquired regarding dislay settings to be selected by individual members to enable / disable display / reminder of death anniversaries and / or birthdays of deceased family members.
5. Can we have the option of printing an events calendar to be squeezed on to one single A4 page? - the details of the events may reduce in size if required – but the entire month’s events should be printable on one single page
6. The events page setting by default displays on events of close members - can the setting be a one time selection so i need not select all events every time i log in?
7. Can we sync the FTB & the online family tree?
8. How do we print a report of a contact book - containing the names, & contact details in a phone book / address book format?
Firstly, regarding your brother being displayed as your uncle, this means that your brother is not associated correctly with your family tree. Please see the following post in our FAQ regarding associating someone with the family tree:
2) We are aware of this issue, that everything on the site is timestampped according to our servers in Texas. We apologize for the inconvenience.
3) This is by design as we do not want the messages to show up before the event
4) The settings as to which events are sent our is only up to the site manager and can be changed by going to Settings > Events.
5) We are workign on adding a calendar printing feature in the near future.
6) This is also by design. We apologize for the inconvenience.
7) There is no dual synch between the FTB and online tree. If you created your tree in Family Tree Builder, then you can publish your tree to your family site. This will create a tree on your site that is read-only and that cannot be edited on your site by you or your members. Alternatively, you can create a tree online, and transfer it to your Family Tree Builder: