I was a bit uncertain about this but yes, it works. I added a new 'unrelated' (to anyone else) person to my tree and called her Mary; and clicked in the button for 'female'.
So I had a pink card for Mary; then I added a spouse, 'Helen' and again clicked on Female; a box appeared with the message,'Are you sure about this, she is a girl too' (or something like that), so I clicked on 'Yes', so now I have two people, both on pink cards,both female, joined as spouses. I entered the status as Partners which is probably the most likely; but all the options are available to you.
How do I re-invite a member that has already accepted the invitation once but has lost that email address and wants me to re-invite her on her new email address. No matter what I do her status still shows that she is a current member with the old email address. I trired deleting her and adding her again it just keeps the old information.
Is it possible to write my information in more than one language? Most of my extended family speak only Arabic, but I want to write my info (name for example) in English as well so I can find better matches. Is this possible?
So I want to be able to write my name : First Last
and when you click on it, it shows it in arabic as well الاول الاخير
In Family Tree Builder, it is possible to choose a DISPLAY language and a DATA ENTRY language.
DISPLAY language corresponds to all the buttons and command names in the program. DISPLAY language changes Family Tree Builder’s interface only and will not affect any information that you have manually entered in the tree.
DATA ENTRY language corresponds to the information you enter into the tree yourself. Names, places, notes, etc. are considered DATA.
Family Tree Builder allows you to enter data in Primary Data language, and Secondary Data language.
In order to do so, please follow these steps:1. Open Family Tree Builder on your PC and open your project.
2. Open the Tools window by going to Tools menu > Languages in the upper toolbar.
3. In the window that appears, make sure that the checkbox "Same as Display Language" is checked.This will make sure that the display language is the same as the (first) data language.
4. Now please do a right click somewhere in that window. A small menu appears, click on the item in it "Manage Data Languages"
5. You will notice that you have different amounts of items in the listed languages. You have to make them equal.
6. Select the first language in the list and click on the button 'Copy'.
7. In the new window you select the 'Copy To' to the other language and click on the button 'Copy'.
8. When the copy is done, select the second language in the list and click again on the button 'Copy'.
9. In the next window you select the 'Copy To' to the other language and click on the button 'Copy'.
With above steps you make sure, that in both languages in your project you have all available data.