I started playing with this site, wondering if it might be something I'd like to use. I initilized my family tree with my parents, and continued with my immediate family. After playing for a while I decided to keep the account, and expand the tree back to my grandparents. Now when ever anyone opens the tree it starts with my parents. Because this site will be used and built by my aunt and uncles, I'd like to change where the tree opens to my grandparents. Is there some way to do this?
I tried several times to follw your instructions regarding creating a new tree/project. Your instructions are faulty as their is no button that says Family Tree Builder...there is nothing in the right had corner to press. There is no file button to press to to create new tree????? You need to improve on giving out instructions. Or check it out first so you can see for yourselves what you tell your customer does not apply . I still have not been able to create a new project.
In the list of site members go all the way to the left of a person's name, past the address and status. There is a blue dropdown menu labeled "more" which gives you the option of associating that site member to a certain exact place within the tree where it will always open to for them. I believe that's the closest you can get.
Just thought of another potential option. You could start the tree with your grandparents and work backward through decendants instead of starting the tree with your parents and going forward. I can't say for sure that this would work, but I suspect it would.
I have the 2002 version of Heritage family tree I uploaded to Heritage online. I continue to update and add photos to my PC version but it does can not figure out how to get it to update online after. can you tell me what I need to do to make them sync together?
There are three different types of trees that you can have on a family site; a Web Tree that was made online, a tree that was imported to your family site using a GEDCOM file, or a tree that was made in Family Tree Builder, and published to your family site.
The tree that you have imported to the site is a GEDCOM and therefore can onlyn be edited online. To edit it in Family Tree Builder, you will need to import the file to the program. You can see this FAQ for directions:
Please note that when you edit a tree in Family Tree Builder and publish it to your family site, you CANNOT edit the tree online. If you built your tree in Family Tree Builder, each time you would like to make changes to your tree online, edit your tree in Family Tree Builder and then re-publish your family tree to your family site. This will update the previously published tree (with the same name) on your site.
If you have any other questions, just let me know.
The tree is created with MyHeritage Familly Tree Builder 18.104.22.16809
language seting to croatian
and when publish to webpage show me only 2 person man wife ( show 2 of 153 person) no link with cihild or up to father or mother...
When export to GEDCOM and open in FTM ver. 2011 and save again to GEDCOM from FTM 2011 and upload to myheritage web is shown ALL very good but in this way no east europan characters...(this is normally for FTM 2011)
Thank you Loir. Please pass on the following suggestions as well:
- The creation of email groups. As the tree grows, the need for different family email groups becomes essential.
- When on someone's profile, selecting "Contact #name#" simply links to them in the tree. It is not easy tocontact someone from their entry or profile so it becomes a real schlepp to contact someone as I have to copy their email to my inbox. I use Google Chrome. I tried it in IE and the same thing happens.
- I would like to stop newbies to the tree adding members that are not connected to someone in the tree to stop lots of disconnected individuals floating out there. As it current stands, any member can add person or their dog who is a not family member, and it can operate like a seperate tree on the same site (more like a weed choking the tree!). Can this be prevented? In otherwords, make it you can ONLY add someone if linked to someone in the tree.
- Linking to Google/Picassa/Web Albums face and name recognition technology (or across platform) to help complete profile pics for tree members.
- The option to get calendar reminders on the 1st of each day of each month only (rather than repeated reminders on each birthday during the month - too many reminders encourages members to unsubscribe).
Thanks for a great programme. Keep making it better.
I have forwarded the sugestions of email groups and sending calendar alerts monthly to our developers.
Regarding the contact link on a member's profile, can you please give me a specific example or link for this? You should be able to compose a message to the member by clicking there.
You can choose whether or not to give your members the privilege to invite people to your family site. To do so, please go into Settings > General, and you will see the checkbox ‘allow members to invite other members to your site’. Make sure to save your settings.
Can you please give me more information on your request regarding the face recognition technology? I couldn't exactly understand the suggestion. What technology do you suggest to be used for face recognition? Please let me know so that I can assist you further.
1. I dont know how to give you a specific example as it happens on each on my site members. For example, if I go theperson on the tree and then select "view profile", it has a list of options beneath the photo. One of these is "contact #name#". If I select this, all that happens is it takes me back the the person in the tree. I use Chrome but it also happens in IE. I have just tried it again with three different people who are site members - same thing every time.
2. You misunderstand me - I do not want stop people from adding or inviting people to the site. I want to prevent people adding random people who are not relatives with links to the family tree (ie what is to stop somene from adding a buddy who is not a relative?) . In other words, I would like to make sure they can only add someone by using "add a relative" links.
3. If I upload a photo to Google webalbums or to Picassa, it automatically scans the faces on the photos, and suggests who the person might be, and asks you to confirm or suggest someone else. I am suggesting the same happens on MyHeritage. If a photo is uploaded, the system scans the faces on the new photo, match the faces to known people already in the tree, in the 1st instance, and then, in 2nd instance, check in the google database, and suggest names. Standard face recognition stuff.
1. We were able to reproduce the bug you reported, and notified the developers of it. We wil ltry to fix it as soon as we can and will update you regarding this.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
However, if you try this through picking the member in Site members, viewing their Profile, you will be able to contact them through the same button.
2. It isn't possible to limit what type of people other members invite or add to the tree. You are only able to limit the site members from editing your tree and site completely, and prevent them from inviting members. Since you don't want that, I suggest you contact the site members and ask them to respect this request. You can always remove unwanted members or people from your tree.
3. We do have a face recognition technology on our site! When you tag people, and then add new photos, the system automatically suggests tagging similar looking people. This technology was produced especially for our site's needs, but is similar to the ones used in Google and Picasa that you mentioned.
My cousin have a sister, but not according to the tree. I can't add siblings to her. It sais that they're not related. What do i do?? And when i rightclick on her, the "siblings" is gray and not useable.
Jeg kan ikke tilføje min kusines søster, da siden siger de ikke er i familie med hinanden. Hvad gør jeg?? Og "søskende" når jeg højreklikker på hende er ikke brugbar, da den er grå