History of Sema Family from Maputo
Born in India in 1873 and died on 06.18.1954, on a Friday (16 Shawwal 1373). He moved to Maputo in 1903 and traveled holding a British passport seeking for a better life. He was married in India and had a son. In India, he owned a building with two floors.
In Maputo, he met SaquinaHusseneIssabo, who was born in Maputo. She was a daughter of an Indian father, from India, and mother from Mozambique. She was born in 1889 and died on 08.21.1977, Sunday (5 Ramadan 1397).
They got married and six children were born, namely:
• RassulSema (known asBubai) was born in 12/03/1917 and passed away on 09/05/1982.
She was married to Abdul RemaneSablé and three children were born: a boy and two girls: Shamsudine (deceased), Amina and Hamida.
• Haji Abdul CadirSema,was born in 15/10/1923 and passed away on 14/10/1994.
He was married to Rassul Ismael (deceased) and five children were born (two boys and three girls): Zaida, Saquina, Idanino, Sara and Ismael.
• Haji CassimoSema was born on 07.11.1927, andpassed away on 27.07.2002 (Saturday, 16 JamadalAwal 1423).
He was married to CamariaDula (deceased) five children were born (four boys and one girl): Adamji, Isaac, Nasser, Idrisseand Faira. Also held the 2ndNikah withMariamoMayet and a daughter was born, called Filza.
• HajianiMariamoSema, was born in 1930, widow, and lives in Maputo.
She was married to Abdul Gafur (deceased) and seven children were born (five boys and two girls). Agira, Sulemane, Amir, Issufo, Arfa, Rachideand Omaire.
• Haji Ismael Sema, was born in 11.16.1932and lives in Maputo.
He is married to NurubibiMahmudoEsmaelon the 5/10/1957, Saturday, and six children were born (four boys and two girls). Camilo, Amino, Selma, Nuno, Claida and Mahmudo. Also havetwenty grandchildrenand 8 great-
• HajianiZainaboSema,was born on 23.06.1935, lives in Maputo.
Sheis married to MamadeIssufo and five children were born (four boys and one girl):Zulmira, Issufo, Danilo, Ismeteand Abdul Carimo.
April 20, 2012