| John Louis Akard
commented on person Elizabeth Vaulx (Eskridge)
: | I have the following Vaulx line:
1. Robert Vaulx, Sr, a London merchant, from Cumberland co., England. Lived at Queen's Creek. York Co., VA, married Elizabeth Burwell, dau of Edward burwell and Dorothy Bedell
2. Robert Vaulx, II, born 1651, died c. 1685, justice of peace. Westmoreland Co., VA, Lived on Pope'ds Creek., married Mary Foxall, born 1665, England. she was married 4 times: Robert Vaulx, Alex Gorges, Edward Dubbleston, Caleb Butler (through this marriage she became the ancestress of George Washington).
3. Robert Vaulx III, born ?, died c. 1721, Westmoreland Co., VA, married Elizabeth Kenner, born Northumberland Co., va, married 1st Richard Bushrod, 3rd the Rev. Lawrence DeButts. She was the dau of Rodham Kenner, born March 23, 1671, died August 21, 1706, Northumberland Co., VA, Justice of Peace, Burgess 1696, married Hannah Fox, c. 1690, Lancester co., VA, She was born July 25, 1671, Northumberland Co., VA, married 2nd Clement Spellman
4. Elizabeth Vaulx, no dates for her, married 1715 to Col. George Eskridge who lived at Sandy Point, Westmoreland Co., VA. George Eskridge was married 1st to Rebecca Bonum. He came to VA in 1667. He was the guardian of Mary Ball from 1721-1731, mother of George Washington and Mary named her son, George Washington, for her guardian.
Elizabeth Vaulx married 3 times: 1st Richard Craddock, 2nd Daniel Porten, 3rd George Eskridge
5. Elizabeth Eskridge, born c. 1716, married 1st William Aylett then in c. 1745 to Dr. James Steptoe.
This information came from Family Tree Makers, "Virginia Genealogies" #1, CD #162