If you build your tree in Family Tree Builder, please read the following article: How do I detach a person in my Family Tree Builder tree?
If you edit your tree online at MyHeritage.com
And you need to do one of the following things:
* Fix a wrong connection between children and families or between spouses.
* Move an entire branch
* Add a child, parent or spouse that already exists in the tree without having to add them again. ( a marriage between two distant cousins, for example)
You will need to use the Connect Remove Connection feature.
1. Click on the ‘+’ icon on the relevant card:
2. Choose Remove Connection:
3. A side panel will open up, with two options:
4. Choose the relevant option.
5. If you choose to Remove Connection from a partner and there are children connected to this family, you will be prompted to choose what to do with the children:
Add Connection: How do I add a connection in my online tree?