If you paid for a Family Tree Builder upgrade or a family site subscription and are unsure if the upgrade took effect, check the following:
1. Are you logged in as the Site Manager of the site you upgraded? You must be logged in so that we can recognize you as a Premium member.
2. Is Family Tree Builder registered with the email address connected to your Premium account? You can check this by opening Family Tree Builder and clicking on ‘Sync (publishing)’ > ‘My Sites’.
3. Did you check the correct family site? If the upgrade is successful you can see it in the Site Settings > Site Account menu on your family site. Mouse over your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Site Settings”. If you have more than one family site double check which of the sites is the one you upgraded.
4. Did you upgrade someone else’s site by mistake? You should always check to make sure which site you are upgrading before paying anything, but hey, it happens and sometimes an upgrade to the wrong family site is made. If this is the case, please contact our Customers Support Service and we’ll help you get the upgrade transferred.
5. Got your receipt? If you checked the points above and still haven’t received your upgrade, write to our Customers Support Service. We’ll ask you to send us your receipt and once we get it we’ll upgrade you right away. Keep in mind that if you don’t have a receipt, you probably weren’t charged. In any case, it’s always a good idea to send your receipt so we can apply your upgrade immediately.