When you sync your family tree with your online family site, in addition to sharing the tree with your family members, you also create an online backup that can be restored anytime. Because of that, we strongly recommend to sync an updated version of your family tree on a regular basis.
In case you wish to restore the family tree from your family site, please follow these steps:
1) Open the Family Tree Builder software. If you don’t have the software installed, click here to download the latest version.
2) From the top menu, choose File > Restore Project.
3) In the restore screen, choose ’Restore from online family site’ and click ‘Next’.
4) The next screen will display all family trees that exist under your account. Choose the family trees you want to restore and click ‘Download now’.
5) If the family tree contains any photos, you will be prompted to restore the photos from your family site.
That’s it! Your family tree should be restored from your online family site.