If you built your family tree in Family Tree Builder and need to get a copy of your tree from your family site, you should be here: Can I restore my Family Tree Builder tree from my family site?
If you built your family tree on your family site on MyHeritage.com and would like to start using Family Tree Builder please follow these steps to transfer the file to Family Tree Builder:
1) Open the Family Tree Builder software. If you don’t have the software installed, click here to download the latest version.
2) From the top menu, choose File > Restore Project.
3) In the restore screen, choose ’Restore from online family site’ and click ‘Next’.
4) The next screen will display all family trees that exist under your account. Choose the family trees you want to restore and click ‘Download now’.
5) If the family tree contains any photos, you will be prompted to restore the photos from your family site.
That’s it! Your family tree should be restored from your online family site.