Here are the steps for creating a Personal Photo (the thumbnail face shot that shows on the genealogy card in Tree View in Family Tree Builder).
1. Go to the genealogy card of the person you would like to add a photo for. Click the ‘+’ sign where the person silhouette appears.
2. A new screen will appear allowing you to browse your computer for photos. Choose the photo you would like to add and click ‘Next’. You’ll see the following screen. Make sure the middle option is checked ‘Set as Personal Photo for…’. Now click ‘Finish’.
3. Now you will arrive at the Edit Photo window. You can add details about the photo here, such as Title, Date and Place the photo was taken. Use the tabs to add extra information about a photo.
4. A personal photo will always have a blue box around the face when you are in the Edit Photo window. A photo which is associated to a person, but not the personal photo will have a red box around it.
5. And we’re done! Go back to Tree View to make sure you centered the photo well. Don’t forget to save!