%Looking any Fowlers related to ZEPHNAL D FOWLER family line. My line links off of his son; JAMES NATHANIEL FOWLER. Please contact me if you know any of his family line.%
Hello, Zephanal D Fowler Line
The Fowler Family line begins with (I) Zephnal D., born 1802, and Ansemtih Fowler. They had ten known children; (I) (1) Joseph A. born 1833 in GA; (I) (2) John born 1835 in GA; (I) (3) Zehaniah born 1837 in AL; (I) (4) Elizabeth born 1839 in AL; (I) (5) Helenah born 1840 in AL; (I) (6) Louisa F. born 1842 in AL; (I) (7) Sarah A. born 1843 in AL; (I) (8) Nancy S. born 1845 in AL; (I) (9) James Nathaniel born July 1847 in Tippah Co., MS; and (I) (10) Levi Halloway Fowler, Sr. born 1849.
The subjects of the Fowler line in Woodruff County, AR will be the descendants of (I) (9) James Nathaniel Fowler and in an up-coming edition, (I) (10) Levi Halloway Fowler.
(I) (9) James Nathaniel Fowler was born in July of 1847 in Tippah Co., MS. He married Nancy Jane Matlock June 20, 1870 in McNairy Co., TN. She was the daughter of James M. and Mary Ann Floyd Matlock. James N. Fowler died 1923 and Nancy Jane died 1917, both in Woodruff County and they are both buried at Whitehall Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. They were the parents of eight known children;
(9) (1) James Zephnal Fowler born December 3, 1870 in McNairy Co., TN. He married Fannie Etta Wafford November 19, 1893. She was born December 20, 1875 in Tate Co., TN. James Z. Fowler died April 4, 1936 and is buried in Beards Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. Fannie E. Fowler died February 23, 1949 and is buried Whitehall Cemetery. They were the parents of the following children;
(1) Ethel Cordilla Fowler born September 2, 1895. She married Ernest Thomas Rhodes, born January 2, 1889. Ethel died April 14, 1950 and Ernest died January 3, 1973, both are buried in Whitehall Cemetery. Their children were; (1) Ruby Lucille Rhodes, married Dixie Andrew Morris; (2) James Thomas Rhodes; (3) Hazel Irene Rhodes; (4) Aurvis Louise Rhodes, married Lawrence Cecil Langley; (5) Rosa Elizabeth Rhodes; (6) Polly Etta Rhodes; (7) Elisie Bonice Rhodes; and (8) Flora Mae Rhodes.
(2) Roy Emanuel Fowler born September 19, 1898. He married Pearl Pickett, born July 13, 1903. Roy E. Fowler died July 29, 1972 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery. Pearl Fowler died June 9, 1985. Their children were; (1) Dorothy Fowler married Oliver Jernnigan; (2) Fannie Mae Fowler married John Dewey Thompson; Fannie Mae Fowler married second, James D. Parish; (3) Donnie Jean Fowler married first Shelby Eugene Thompson and second Arnold Glen Nutter and third Leonard Mathys. (4) Infant child Fowler.
(3) Bertha M. Fowler, born April 12, 1902, married Clarence Rigues Suttles,born August 31, 1901. Bertha Suttles died January 15, 1930 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery. Clarence R. Suttles died December 17, 1987 in White Co., AR. They had one infant daughter, (1) Jennette Suttles who was born and died March 3, 1926 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery.
(4) Verlin D. Fowler, born 1904, married Carey A. Robertson, born August 8, 1907. Verlin died 1978 and Carey died April 6, 1976 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery. They had three known children; (1) Infant child born and died May 23, 1931 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery; (2) Ottis Robertson; and (3) Carol Robertson.
(5) Carmen Rachael Fowler, born October 25, 1906, married Walter Lee Hay, born August 30, 1901 in Kentucky. Carmen R. Hay died April 9, 1996 and Walter L. Hay died January 27, 1986. Their children were; (1) Samuel Hay who married Clara Imogene McRoy; (2) Sybil Inez Hay who married Howard Wayne Woods; (3) Marion Anita Hay who married L. J. Ransom; (4) Carolyn June Hay who married William Marion Blevins.
(6) Lester Forrest Fowler, born March 29, 1909 and married Mildred Enid Kinder, born December 17, 1911. Lester died April 26, 1978 in Booneville, AR. They had three know children; (1) Tina Elizabeth Fowler who married first, Herbert Hedrick Brooks and she married second Carroll Ray Wilson; (2) Benny Forrest Fowler who married first Lila Eugena Bale and second, Evenlyn Lucille Green. (3) Teddy Maurice Fowler.
(7) Jewell Fowler married Eugene Mauldin. They had the following children; (1) Peggy June Mauldin married William Rudolph Turney; (2) Lynell Mauldin married Shelby Jean Brown; (3) Franklin Delano Mauldin married Vivian Wynona Fraze.
(8) James "Jimmie" Edgar Fowler born January 29, 1912 and married Margarette Ellen Johnson, born October 7, 1916. James E. Fowler died September 21. 1983 and Margarette E. Fowler died April 17, 1989, both in Woodruff Co., AR. They had three known children; (1) Shirley Arlean Fowler born October 29, 1934 and died November 28, 1934 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery; (2) Shelby Jean, born November 15, 1938 and died May 17, 1939. buried Whitehall Cemetery; (3) Naomi Waidene Fowler, married Bobby Joe Mansell.
(9) (2) William T. Fowler, second child of James N. and Nancy J. Fowler, was born September 1872 in Hardin Co., TN. He married first, Letha Lewis born 1869. They had one known daughter;
(1) Minnie Lee Fowler born February 12, 1895 and married Herman Neldon, born July 4, 1894. Minnie Lee Neldon died August 21, 1934 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery, (unmarked). Herman Neldon died August 15, 1947 and is buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery. Minnie and Herman had four known children; (1) William Lester Neldon; (2) Elwyn Brewester Neldon married Mildred Murray; (3) Walter Ray Neldon; and (4) Earl Neldon.
(9) (2) William T. Fowler married second Maggie A. McNew born July 1878. William T. Fowler died 1907 and Maggie A. Fowler died 1911. They had the following children;
(1) Nola Mae "Mollie" Fowler. born December 20, 1898 and married Oscar Fraze, born March 20, 1893. Nola M. Fraze died September 21, 1972 and Oscar Fraze died November 8, 1966. Both buried in Whitehall Cemetery. They had nine known children; (1) Christene Fraze married James Arthur Carter; (2) John Henry Fraze married Jewell Aline Venable; (3) William Jacob Fraze married first, Virginia Julia Thomson and second Mary Myrtle Sorrells; (4) Maggie Jane Fraze married Ollie Baswell, Jr.; (5) Marchelle Fraze was born and died May 2, 1928 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery; (6) Pauline Fraze married Everett Harold Tucker; (7) Geraldine B. Fraze married James Marion Kimbrell; (8) Oscar Leon Fraze married Anly Lee McCuan; and (9) Vivian Wynona Fraze.married Franklin Delano Mauldin.
(2) James Riley Fowler, born February 16, 1900 and married Jessie Geneva Free, born October 2, 1904 in Cleburne Co., AR. James R. Fowler died May 15, 1969 and Jessie Geneva Fowler died January 12, 1994. Both are buried in Woodman Cemetery. They had eight known children; (1) Helen Marie Fowler born June 26, 1924 and died February 21, 1926; (2) Ollie Evelyn Fowler born November 1, 1925 and married Charlie Washington Chambers, Jr., born January 18, 1925. Ollie E. Chambers died July 9, 2000 and Charlie W. Chambers, Jr. died June 11, 1997; Note: The fourth child born to Ollie E. and Charlie W. Chambers was Larry Wayne Chambers, born in Memphis, TN and married Barbara Ann Ables, March 17, 1979 in Hammond, IN. Larry and Barbara now live in Augusta, AR. Barbara has been gathering information on the Matlock-Fowler families for several years now and she graciously provided me a copy of her family files to prepare the Matlock-Fowler family history. (3) Lloyd Douglas Fowler married Thelma Maxine Fraze; (4) William Andrew Fowler born May 10, 1932 married Velma Wray Robinson. William A. Fowler died December 23, 1969; (5) Charles Wesley Fowler born June 26, 1936 and died February 22, 1938; (6) Rosie Nadine Fowler married Denver Fraze, born January 16, 1923 and died August 25, 1997 in Indiana; (7) Betty Irene Fowler married Gilbert Leon Grant; (8) Jessie Mae Fowler married Billy Morris Scarbrough, Charles Edwin Davidson and Ralph Hatfield, Jr.
(3) George Carlee Fowler, born May 1, 1902 and married Bessie Melvina Free, born November 1,1907. George C. Fowler died July 27, 1969 and is buried in Whitehall Cemetery. Bessie M. Fowler died September 21, 1972. They had the following children; (1) Orville Fowler born and died in 1925; (2) Essie Lee Fowler married John Dee Matlock and Lester Dennis Peterson, Jr.; (3) Austin Berniel Fowler married Delma Leah Mitchell-Spencer; (4) Gerald D. Fowler born 1933 and died 1934.
(3) George Carlee Fowler married second Evelyn Delores Gray. They had one daughter, Rose Lee Fowler.
(4) Clarence Elmer Fowler, born May 3, 1904 and married Lora Olive Faughn, born March 2, 1909. Clarence E. Fowler died February 6, 1979 in Gary, Lake Co., IN and Lora O. Fowler died September 23, 1994. They had the following children; (1) Albert William Fowler married Delois Jones; (2) Morris Franklin Fowler born June 13, 1927and died August 22, 1946; (3) Oretha Jewell Fowler married Arie Andrew Davis; (4) Harold Ralph Fowler Married Linda Kay Purcell; (5) Fredonia Fay Fowler married George Washington Skinner, Jr. (6) Billy Terrill Fowler married Shirley Tallie Robinson; (7) Corena Sue Fowler married William Doyle Sumler; (8) Ollie Elwanda Fowler married Carol Edward Taylor; (9) James Lonnie Fowler married Sharon Fiscue and Janice Ann Denmar; (10) Nathan Dwight Fowler married Geraldine Kay Wahl; (11) Mitzie Diane Fowler married Noble Neal Drum and Mario Marianetti.
(9) (3) Edward Martin Fowler, the third child born to James Nathaniel and Nancy Jane Matlock Fowler, was born October 20, 1874 in Tennessee. He married Margaret Eula Woods, born December 25, 1879 in Tennessee. Edward M. Fowler died March 12, 1913 and Margaret E. Fowler died April 9, 1942. Both are buried in Whitehall Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. They had eight known children; one of the children was Martha Cathryn Fowler (Kathryn) who married James D. McGlothlin (Jack) son of James Daniel McGlothlin (Spon) b. 1880 Perry County they had 13 children.
(9) (3) Edward Martin Fowler, the third child born to James Nathaniel and Nancy Jane Matlock Fowler, was born October 20, 1874 in Tennessee. He married Margaret Eula Woods, daughter of George Falcon Wood and Martha Angeline "Angie" Gowan Wood, born December 25, 1879 in Tennessee. Edward M. Fowler died March 12, 1913 and Margaret E. Fowler died April 9, 1942. Both are buried in Whitehall Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. They had eight known children;
(1) Alvin Nathanial Fowler, born May 17, 1897 in Woodruff Co., AR, and married Lular Etta Taylor, daughter of William Henry and Hattie Etta Plunkett Taylor, born January 7, 1903. Alvin N. Fowler died October 4, 1976. Lular Etta Fowler died May 24, 1995. Both are buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery in Woodruff Co., AR. They had nine known children; (I) Edward William Fowler who married Lewie Bell Curtis. Rev. Edward W. Fowler is the pastor of the Church of God in Heber Springs, Cleburne Co., AR; (II) Homer Lloyd Fowler, born January 29, 1922 and died August 12, 1936 and is buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery, unmarked; (III) Paul Elbert Fowler who married Clois Christine Murray; (IV) Katie Lou Ella Fowler who married Troy Martin. Katie is now deceased and is buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery; (V) Vernon Nathanial Fowler who married Alma Mae Martin; (VI) Iris Cloree Fowler married first William J. Smallie, born November 22, 1903 and died November 22, 1955, buried Pumpkin Bend Cemetery. Iris Cloree married second Newmon L. Ball, born July 10, 1915 and died August 10, 1973 and is buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery. Iris Cloree married third to Glen Edward Morris; (VII) Walter Joseph Fowler (Rev.) who married Betty Margaret McDonald. Rev. Walter J. Fowler was the pastor of the Assembly of God Church for many years; (VIII) Lula Bell Fowler, who was born and died March 26, 1941; (IX) Doyle Wayne Fowler, Mayor of McCrory, effective January 1, 2003, who married first Betty Joann Rooks, June 19, 1962. He married Margaret Ann Ball, August 27, 1999. Margaret is the daughter of John and Margaret Werner Ball of McCrory. He and Margaret are active members in the Trinity Full Gospel Church at Pumpkin Bend. Doyle is also an active member of the McCrory Chamber of Commerce. His energy and determination promise to render him one of the leading men as Mayor of McCrory and other aspects of Woodruff County. His acquaintance throughout Woodruff County is a wide one and he and his wife enjoys universal esteem and respect. Mayor Doyle Fowler is an eloquent and brilliant speaker, an enterprising citizen, and has been a valuable acquisition to the City of McCrory. Doyle and his first wife, Betty, had two children; David Wayne Fowler who married Debra Ann Mills; Rebecca Louise Fowler who married David Allen Bowling.
(2) Eva Fowler born 1898, no other information.
(3) Effie Albertie Fowler, born March 6, 1900 and married Grover Cleveland Browning, born August 5, 1892 and died February 3, 1970. Effie died November 2, 1957. Both are buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery.
(4) Bettie Lou Fowler born November 9, 1902 and married William Pierce Scott, born March 25, 1897. Bettie died February 17, 1919. William P. Scott died June 14, 1959. Both are buried in Pumpkin Bend Cemetery.
(5) Homer Fowler born 1904, no other information.
(6) Rufus Fowler born 1906, no other information.
(7) Zora Mavis Fowler was born November 19, 1908 and after the death of her sister, Bettie Lou Fowler, she also married William Pierce Scott. (8) Katherine Fowler born November 12, 1912.
(9) (4) John W. Fowler, the fourth child born to James N. and Nancy J. Matlock Fowler was born 1877 in Tennessee.
(9) (5) Christina Fowler was born 1879 in Tennessee.
(9) (6) Lisa A. Fowler was born February 1885 in Tennessee.
(9) (7) Andrew Franklin Fowler was born May 1889 in Arkansas and married Susie Jane Bullington, born January 11, 1895. Andrew F. Fowler died March 24, 1956 and Susie Jane Fowler died August 3, 1983. They had seven known children;
(1) Nellie May Fowler, born June 8, 1913 and married Rufh Calhoun, born May 20, 1913 and died May 7, 1987. Rufh and Nellie M. Calhoun had three children; (I) Ernest Junior Calhoun who married Bonnie Jean Hinklin; (II) Billy Joe Calhoun who married Norma Jean Hanner; (III) Sharon Diane Calhoun who married Allan Bryant.
(2) Maudie Fowler who was born August 13, 1915 in Judsonia, White Co., AR and married Crocket Hayes who was born 1901 in Corning, AR and died 1971 and is buried in Bonds Cemetery in Knobel, AR. Maudie Fowler Hayes was the oldest Fowler attending the Matlock-Fowler reunion this year. Maudie and Crocket Hayes had the following children; (I) Donald Ray Hayes who married Willie Jacqueline Baker; (II) Ronald Lee Hayes who was born December 23, 1938 and died September 2001; (III) Jimmy Crockett Hayes who married Peggy Sue Leach; and (IV) Larry Wayne Hayes born September 21, 1949 and died March 2001.
(3) Bessie Lucille Fowler, born November 22, 1919 and married Omer Justic Curtis, born January 24, 1918. Bessie L. Curtis died February 22, 1992. They had five known children; (I) Phyllis Yvonnia Curtis who married Larry P. Riley; (II) Waymon Dale Curtis who married Ruth Margaret Mullins; (III) Connie Gerald Curtis; (IV) Dudley Edward Curtis who married Donna Shimka; (V) Gabreil Lucille Curtis who married Ronald Gary Weiss.
(4) Helen Rose Fowler who married Elfra Ira Curtis. They had two children; (I) R. Elfreda Curtis who married Benjamin Maffit; and (II) Rebecca O. Curtis.
(5) Syble Lee Fowler who married James Walker, born August 27, 1921 and died December 28, 1985. They had four known children; (I) Danny Lee Walker who married Aelene P. Missler; Danny Lee Walker married second to Bonnie Jennett Tate. (II) Glen Dale Walker; (III) David Earl Walker; and (IV) Tonya Dee Walker. The second husband of Syble Lee Fowler was Charles Ingram.
(6) Betty Sue Fowler who married James A. Vinson. They had four known children; (I) Pamela Sue Vinson who married Robert Kenneth Raspberry; (II) James Michael Vinson who married Vicky Ann Smith; (III) Dennis Ray Vinson who married Michelle Campbell; and (IV) Alan Duane Vinson.
(7) William Andrew Fowler who married Hazel Ruth Dix. They had three known children; (I) Charles Franklin Fowler who married Debbie Joy Hallam; (II) Kenneth Dewayne Fowler who married Cynthia Marie Wilson; (III) Robin Lynn Fowler who married Marvin Lewis Conner, Jr. The second wife of William Andrew Fowler was Doris Evelyn Lee.
(9) (8) Wesley Fowler who was born May 1893 in Arkansas.
(1) (10) Levi Halloway Fowler was the tenth child born to Zephnal D. and Ansemtih Fowler. Zephnal D. Fowler was born 1802 in North Carolina and Ansemtih was born 1815 in Georgia. Levi Halloway Fowler was born 1849 and married Leona Bell Smith, born March 12, 1879 and died December 3, 1969. Levi died 1914 in Woodruff Co., AR and is buried in Beards Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. They had five known children;
(1) Beulah Fowler born September 25, 1897 and married Dan Rouse.
(2) Connie Fowler born February 27, 1901 and married Katie James, born August 2, 1903 and died October 19, 1953. Connie Fowler died March 7, 1945 and is buried in Woodman OTW Cemetery, near McCrory, Woodruff Co., AR. They had the following children; (I) Molly Irene Fowler , born February 2, 1922 and married I. V. Evans. Molly I. Evans died August 4, 1988; (II) Connie James Fowler who married Velma Eugenia Thrift; (III) Lelia B. Fowler, born May 1, 1926 and died November 25, 1929; (IV) Willie Alex Fowler who married first Unknown and he married second Thelma Norreen Farley; (V) Cecil Lawrence Fowler who married Annie Juanita Benson; (VI) Connie Jean Fowler.
(3) Levi Halloway Fowler, Jr., born February 13, 1904 and married Lela Alberta Free, born October 10, 1909 and died February 4, 1998. Levi H. Fowler, Jr. died October 15, 1958 and is buried in Woodman OTW Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. They had the following children; (I) Alice Marie Fowler who married Paul T. Hay; (II) Laiol Lewis Fowler who married Collene Rotts; (III) Donald Leon Fowler, born April 16, 1941 and died July 14, 1941 and is buried in Woodman OTW Cemetery, Woodruff Co., AR. (IV) Johnny Mack Fowler who married Laura Nell Boyd. Johnny Mack Fowler married second Mary Margaret May.
(4) Lena Vashta Fowler who married G. F. Anderson.
(5) Ruth Evelyn Fowler, born July 27, 1910, and married Robert Edward Lee, born May 15, 1910 and died March 7, 1979. Ruth died March 12, 1989. They had the following children; (I) James Edward Lee, Jr. who married Anna Bell Higginbotham. James E. Lee, Jr. married second Peggy Joyce Sportsman; (II) Juanita Inez Lee married a Robinson. Juanita Inez married second A. D. Creasey. Ruth Evelyn married second Jasper Bryant Sims. They had the following children; (I) Alla Jean Sims who married Chester Stokes; (II) Velma Inez Sims who married Wayne Jones; (III) Leona Bell Sims who married Junior Meredith.from the Woodruff County Geneological Page - Woodruff County Arkansas